Cruisin' the Coast

Started by alchevy, September 05, 2004, 08:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

This event takes place on the Mississippi Gulf Coast along 30 miles over several cities. Heard the other day that they have over 4500 registered from 37 states. Here's their website where you can find more info: http://www.cruisinthecoast.com/

It's October 3-10, 2004.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

GPster

That would give you something to do after Deb's cookout. GPster

HotRodLadyCrusr

I went a few years ago and had a BLAST!  One of the best car events I've attended.  If it wasn't so far from Michigan I'd be going every year.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

alchevy

I had heard a lot about it from my friends over the years and last year was the first year for me to have a car to cruise down there in. I couldn't make it the whole week, so I was just a spectator with an old car. One of many, they said that there was almost 5,000 registered last year and another 5,000 just down there cruisin'. After I got back to work last year, I talked to several people in the office that said they were traveling either on I-20 or hwy 49 in Mississippi on the Sunday (when the event was over with) and I think they saw more cool cars than I did. So I have not decided whether I'm going this year or not, I may just cruise down to Hattiesburg, MS on the Sunday afternoon at the end of the event and see what I can see, then turn around and go home.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

Good News!
Everything is fine with the event this year after Ivan came nearby. I have it from a good source that anything that happened during the storm will be cleaned up and ready to go by Oct. 3rd.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

Jimc

Quote from: "40chevy"This event takes place on the Mississippi Gulf Coast along 30 miles over several cities. Heard the other day that they have over 4500 registered from 37 states. Here's their website where you can find more info: http://www.cruisinthecoast.com/

It's October 3-10, 2004.

There were several of us  that went in 1998, then it was small, only about 1200 cars.
That was the best week we have ever spent, even tho it rained nearly every day.
The folks along the coast are friendly and seem to go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

Jim.
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

alchevy

This is the week to go cruisin' on the coast. I got my car back together just in time for it. I'll take lots of pictures for y'all and post them on my website.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

HotRodLadyCrusr

Have fun!  Looking forward to seeing your photos.

slocrow

That's one I'd like to attend, one of these days. The pics will be cool. Thanks, Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

alchevy

Well, I cruised the coast several times this week! Mostly in the rain, but I had fun, hung out with my friends, had fun, met some new friends, did I mention I had fun? Let me sort through the hundreds of pictures I took and get them uploaded to my site for y'all to see. Tropical Storm Matthew forced us back home one day earlier than we wanted to. Give me a couple of hours and I'll have the pictures on the site.
AL

What I don't have pictures of is:

The Nash Metro. with the Hemi (w/ 1400 horses)
The chopped Honda Civic
or
The Astro Minivan Monster Truck (that was for sale)

Here is where the pictures are:
http://www.astreetrodder.com/ctc04.htm

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

I just checked the website and the total number of registered cars this year was 5,365 :!:

www.astreetrodder.com

HotRodLadyCrusr

Thanks for sharing your photos.  Looked abit cloudy and soggy unlike it's "normal" weather this time of year.  It was blue skies, sunshine and shorts the whole time I was there last but still over 5,000 cars!  Amazing so many cars still showed up.  That's great for the economy down there cuz I'm sure they've lost a few tourist dollars in that region lately.

Again, great photos, thanks!

alchevy

Thanks, I enjoy taking the pictures and sharing them. Here's another site with pictures from the event: http://www.classiccarbug.com
Look down on the right side and find the Cruisin' the Coast link.

Even has some from earlier in the week when the sun was shining!

www.astreetrodder.com