My newest toy

Started by enjenjo, August 11, 2021, 10:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I picked this up Tuesday for a very good price. It's not as nice as it looks in the pictures, but it is nice none the less. The major problems are the wrong tires, seat, and marginal paint job But I have all the stuff to fix that. Plus I think the governor has issues. I have been looking for a good block for one of the two I already had, but they are very very difficult to find at any price.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Is that a late 50's or early 60's version? I have used one of those with a loader with no power steering before. :)
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Somewhere between 52 and 54. I have to research the serial number. It was sold new by the dealer here in town, the same one that sold my dad his tractor. It burned down many years ago, there are no records left.

rumrumm

That tractor brings back a lot of memories. As a teenager, I used to drive one of those tractors while hauling wagons of corn in from the field to be put up in the corn crib. It belonged to my uncle, and I really liked driving it.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Crosley.In.AZ

Frank: do you ride tractors naked like the lawn mower?  :shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Bruce Dorsi

Which model Fergie, Frank?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"Frank: do you ride tractors naked like the lawn mower?  :shock:

No, there is no padding on the seat, and my butt fell off. :D

QuoteWhich model Fergie, Frank?

TO30 1952 to 1954. I have not had time to trace the serial number.

idrivejunk

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"Which model Fergie, Frank?

I was gonna guess its an IH. Had to zoom the pic.

Not too shabby, Frank. 8)
Matt

jaybee

Looks good. The very first thing I drove was a Ford 8N which that guy strongly resembles.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

The first vehicle I drove by myself was a twin to this tractor in 1953 at 6 years old. I still have that tractor too, but it has terminal engine problems.

chimp koose

My first driving was a Minneapolis , age 9 . When I got home from the farm and excitedly told my mom ,she freaked out . I then purposely lied to my mom and told her I made that story up to save my uncle . A few years ago I was at the farm , now run by my cousin , and discovered he had sold the Minneapolis . My heart sank , I would have bought it from him just to leave it there , he had no idea of my attachment . That first drive summer was 50 years ago , I remember it like it happened last summer .

phat46

Funny how many of us first drove a tractor. My Dad had a hobby farm when I was a kid and I got to drive the tractor at about age eight. It was a '39 Allis Chalmers C, now up at our deer camp
We have another AC model C that is half a '39 and half '41 (to convert to electric start). I get a kick out of watching my daighter drive it even though she is an adult.

kb426

I drove a pickup before the tractor. The clutch was easier to push in. :) Seeing over the dash was tough, though.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

My first "car drive" was my neighbors 55 chev short box. 327 tunnel ram 2 holleys 4spd muncie w /4.56 gears.  :shock: I could not see over the dash when reaching down to find 2nd gear. I was 14.

WZ JUNK

I drove a tractor like the one in the photo when I was 6 years old.  I pulled a hay wagon while my dad, uncle, and grandfather loaded square bales of hay.  Funny how I can still remember the field and what it looked like from more than 65 years ago.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH