Frog Follies

Started by trackster, July 21, 2021, 06:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trackster

Thinking about going to the Frog Follies next month.  Never been so looking for advice as to where is a decent place to stay.   Any input, negative or positive, would be appreciated.  Thanks.
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "trackster"Thinking about going to the Frog Follies next month.  Never been so looking for advice as to where is a decent place to stay.   Any input, negative or positive, would be appreciated.  Thanks.

I only went one time but my brother and several others that I know go every year.  They will not miss this event.  It is one of last true street rod events and it is a great show.  When we were racing at Bonneville, the month of August was a busy time, and I missed the street rod nationals and this show every year. I will go again as soon as I can schedule the time to go.  In the past the month of August was, Bonneville, HAMB Drags, Street Rod Nationals, and Frog Follies.  A busy month for sure.  Our old friend Bob K. made most of those shows every year.  I sure miss Bob.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

lofat46

Quote from: "trackster"Thinking about going to the Frog Follies next month.  Never been so looking for advice as to where is a decent place to stay.   Any input, negative or positive, would be appreciated.  Thanks.

I've been to Frogs many times. We stay at the Hampton Inn on Eaglecrest about 20 minutes south of the fairgrounds off the Lloyd Expressway. There are 5 or 6 other hotels right there and across the highway. It's a mini Frog Follies in the parking lots at night. Great show, larger swap meet than the street rod nationals, lots of new part vendors and some big name vendors as well. Roughly 3500-4000 pre-'49 street rods. One of the best parts is Friday morning when the gates open at 6 A.M., it's like a land rush from the old westerns, folks trying to stake out their real estate for the weekend. Cars line up in many lines maybe 75+ cars in a line starting early in the morning. In 2019 I got there at 4 A.M. and was in the 7th line and there were maybe 14 lines when the gates open. You won't regret going. The food vendors are local charities and the prices are very reasonable prices and very good. They offer breakfast each morning, love the McFrog sandwich.

trackster

Thanks for the replies.  We've never been and are looking forward to going this year.  Can't make it to Louisville this year so we thought we would try the Frog Follies. We booked a room at the Quality Inn East.  Now just need to get the abone ready.

416Ford

First time for us also. Heading down with a local buddy who has been there a few times.
Were staying at the Country inn and suites.
Tony, I will come look you up when we get settled in. Tall guy with gray hair and a white hot rod shirt, right.   :lol:
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

lofat46

Quote from: "416Ford"First time for us also. Heading down with a local buddy who has been there a few times.
Were staying at the Country inn and suites.
Tony, I will come look you up when we get settled in. Tall guy with gray hair and a white hot rod shirt, right.   :lol:

Dave, you forgot the gray/white goatee😎. We usually set our big white canopy, same on as in Kzoo,  at the top of the hill directly in front of the registration building. Stop by for some shade. I'll be in line by 4:00 a.m. on Friday morning with some other club members to do our best to get our annual real estate.

kb426

I wish I was going. I sent them an email asking if my 51 with the 48 front end would be allowed in and never heard anything. I took that to mean I shouldn't have asked. :)
TEAM SMART

57larry

good size swap meet, but hard walking on the large ballast

416Ford

All loaded up with gas, chairs and canopy. Cooler and suite cases in the am. Heading out at 6am, nice little 500 mile trip. Woohoo.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

trackster

Not going to be able to make it this year.  Wife has a medical procedure in the morning and i don't want to risk the 5 hour ride in the abone pickup.  Maybe next year.