This could be BAD

Started by 34ford, October 09, 2004, 01:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topsterguy

We've been dealing with the same crap up here in BC Canada for some time now. ICBC came out witha "collector"plate a couple of years ago for pre 48 streetrods which gave us cheaper insurance on a year round basis. I got the first plate on Vancouver Island, for my 32 Ford roadster..................then had it recinded a year later when they decided that glass cars didn't qualify( mine's a Wescott body) so I had to go back to regular plates and rates. I also had to re-register the car as a 2001 Ubuilt Ford convertible - modified. The bottom line is we have to register as per the year it was inspected (and they all have to be now), as a Ubuilt if it was a ground up build, the style (convertible/rdstr) and modified if ANYTHING on the car has been changed from stock. I guess it's not as bad as this crap going on in CA tho! The good news is that they're relooking at letting glass cars in the collectorplate program and the rumor is that it's going to happen "in the near future". Uh huh, not if it depends on politicians! :roll:
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"