New truck blues

Started by Beck, May 08, 2021, 08:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beck

I think my phone and truck got into a fight. The phone won. (2020 GMC 2500HD Denali Duramax)

I plugged my phone into the truck through the USB plug yesterday. I thought it was working pretty well using the phone's GPS on the trucks screen.  After several hours I tried to make a call and things started acting goofy and the truck information screen froze. I tried turning it all off and starting again after stopping for fuel. It still didn't work. I gave up and continued home.

This morning I went to start the truck. The information screen was flashing and there were several warning messages flashed across the speedometer screen. It wouldn't start. I didn't have time then to mess with it. I returned after another 5 hr. Everything is dead. No start and no lights anywhere. Battery voltage was 4V. I disconnected the batteries and hooked up chargers.

I guess I will see what happens tomorrow. I'm kind of glad I bought extended warranty for the 1st time. If it doesn't start AAA will get a towing call. My problem is I really need it on Tuesday. That won't happen with the dealer working on it.

Beck

I disconnected the grounds from each battery last night and put chargers on both batteries. Both recharged overnight. I hooked up the grounds for both and it again seems to be fine. It will make a trip to the dealers tomorrow. It's nice it doesn't need to go on a roll back to make that trip.

58 Yeoman

I think something is in the air that affected computer/digital gadgets yesterday. I went to print some shipping labels yesterday, and none of the 4 printers in the house would connect to my laptop. I got my "good" laptop out, and it was the same thing. My wife got her laptop, same thing. We went through all kinds of 'fixes' until I finally rebooted the modem/router, then the printers came on line. All the other wifi things worked, just not the printers. :shock:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Canuck

Worked in the computer field most of my regular working life.  Back in the days of IBM 1401 computers one of the senior guys I worked with gave me some advice.  He told me that the electrons in the computers would get scrambled up after a period of time and the computers would not work correctly, the only solution was to power the machine down and start again.  Over the years I found that that advice ABSOLUTLEY was not logical.  However I have found that I does work and still use it, whether it is a computer, phone of newer car, if it has a computer chip the electrons seem to get scrambled periodically and need realigning.
My 30 Coupe build, with a Nailhead and fenders
  UPDATED JUNE 26, 2017
http://chevelle406.wordpress.com/

Crosley.In.AZ

Electronics on new vehicles worry me a good amount..  

Home computers:  same deal here.  About one time a month, my laptop and-or wife's iPad will not function on the interweb.  I reboot the cable modem and router.  problem solved.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)