rotisserie mount

Started by trackster, June 06, 2020, 12:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trackster

Anyone had a 1939 Chevy sedan on a rotisserie?  Need to get to the bottom of mine for cleaning and coating as soon as I recover from rotator cuff surgery.    Not sure where the best rear mount position would be.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!

enjenjo

All I can tell you is you want it mounted near the center of gravity. You can mount off the body mount holes, hood hinge holes, door hinge holes, any of the strong points.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

416Ford

We just rolled my 46 on it side and I did all the work to the underside. Fender and doors were off so we were able to put a support under the B pillar.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

348tripower

I stood my 37 Ford on the firewall and did all the work on the underside!
Don Colliau

chimp koose

I saw a deal once where a guy just made 2 big hoops that would go around the car and bolted them to suspension points if I remember . You would need a lot of floor space to roll the car around .

idrivejunk

Just looking at pics of them on the web I would say if theres a pair of body mount holes at the tail and another pair just ahead of the rear wheels, my preference would be to go through the trunk opening and connect to both of those pairs of holes.
Matt

trackster

Thanks for the input.  Will consider it all.  I have a body cart I'm going to convert to a rotisserie.  Found plans on the web and will modify to suit.  Been wondering if a trailer jack could be adapted to use for the fine adjustment for center of gravity height.  Don't know if they hold position in both directions as when the car is bottoms up.  Any thoughts?

Charlie Chops 1940

A trailer jack is just a big screw...shouldn't care whether it holding it up or down.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

trackster

That was my thought also.  Figured the jacks may be less expensive than buying acme threaded rods an nuts.