Dazzlers

Started by idrivejunk, November 24, 2018, 07:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

The Cragars I have now are the first set of chrome wheels I ever bought. I wanted S/S since before I could drive, and when my career reached a point when wheels were an option, I went straight to them but then saw the Radirs. What could I do? Made the right choice I guess. The wheel style is discontinued, crummy tires are nearly $150 apiece. Bullitts on the GTP were $140 for the set and I am still running the rear tires but for half the 15" price, decent tires can be had in 17". One of those things thats forced by infrastructure, as I often say.

Once I asked on the FWD GP forum about grafting an old GTO scoop onto the GTP. and one of the guys told me  "Its your car, but acceptance is relevant." meaning if nobody else likes it, you probably won't either. So I ask. As a learning experience if nothing else. When something is accepted well, its usually not my own choice. The 69 GP has always been treated like royalty by everyone so that makes it my crowning fluke. :lol:
Matt

kb426

69 -72 was one of my favorite body styles. I like what you have done to yours. It makes my mind wander to the thought of owning one.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"69 -72 was one of my favorite body styles. I like what you have done to yours. It makes my mind wander to the thought of owning one.

I will stack my shiny 69 GP comment magnetism against that of superior muscle rides aaaany day.

There is a white cream puff 69 near work at a dealer getting no hits, so sayeth a younger at work. He found and wants to buy but its over four grand and all he has is an 80s Cressida. Now... about the 72 in my yard... perfect for you... if I got a title is that interesting? An offer of 7K was waved at me on Grape earlier this year. Not quite there... since I know how hard it is (for me) to start over.

By the way, I would run "15 Pontiac Rally 2s on anything and not need anything flashier. :wink:  :idea:  They have big versions of those, too.
Matt

chimp koose

love those cragar ss wheels . Had a crusty set on a rusty old 57 chev 4 door years ago . I had ET slots on most of my stuff .

idrivejunk

Slots are cool. 8)  I liked... what were they, Cyclones? My 69 had Rocket S/S clones when I got it. And there were some I think imitation Keystones on my Buick. It was gold, I changed to red but never did the wheels. Heres a juiced up pic of that. The pic editing program I use is free. Photoimpression3. This one looks poor, it was a low res pic of a photo but the only one with it red.

Matt