Sloow RRT

Started by enjenjo, September 27, 2018, 08:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

We are dealing with a problem that has not been solved yet. At times it is making the site run slow.  We are on it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

416Ford

I don't know how Bob does it, but this is my thumbs up. "b"
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

Crosley.In.AZ

yes,  been very slow... really hangs a while then : zip ! The pages  loads
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

I do not understand.  It has been working at the same speed that I do these days.  I thought you had taken steps to make it more user friendly based on the age of your users.

John :D
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "416Ford"I don't know how Bob does it, but this is my thumbs up. "b"

It's over here in the box on the left ....<<<<<<<<<<.....  );b(

Just click on the box marked "More Little Faces"....... :roll:

Boy-o-Boy ....This is just like "Dial-Up"..  

We need to remember these things when we long for "The Good ol' Days" ...... :lol:

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

348tripower

So the only thing I see that's slow on here now is Bob  :D
I'm off to Biloxi, Mississippi at 7 AM tomorrow morning. Cruising The Coast.
The wagon is packed, checked out and ready to roll. I'll check in when I can! :)
Don Colliau

junkyardjeff

I could not get on last night,it was taking forever so I gave up.

Fat Cat

Just an update. I have been watching things to see what time seems to be the biggest issue. For some reason it appears to start about 8am and runs until about noon. The evening typically is fine.

I have started to document things because the hosting company seems to think it is a problem with my site and not their service(go figure). Every time I have contacted them up until today they want to flush the server cache and tell me it should be fine in a few hours. I keep telling them that it would be fine in a few hours if they did nothing at all.

So I will keep informing them when it is broken and am taking random load time samples from the server to my machine at various times of the day to prove to them it is their problem.

If they cannot find a reason or will not take their time to resolve the issue I will be looking into moving the site from this host to another. I don't want to do this as I have been here for about 15 years. But I will not accept subpar service for a premium price. I will update everyone when I know more.

58 Yeoman

FatCat, it seems to be running normal now. Sounds like you're dealing with my phone company that supplies us with the 'net. Every time we lose service, we call, and they always start out with saying that it's our equipment, not theirs. Yeah, right. It's never been ours in the 10 years since we've been using their service.

We lost it twice in the last two weeks. They stated with certainty that there was no outage in our area. We call back in 10 minutes, and the recording states that there IS an outage in our area. My wife fills out the survey telling them that they're nuts. It's the only service available to us, unfortunately.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

I've seen some slow loads at 4:30am Arizona time... Couple times in the evenings 7 - 8 pm AZ time... I gave up and went to another web forum.

This evening , It is blazing fast... 8:30pm here.
Tony

sirstude

It is cooking right along now. 6:44 am mdt.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

trackster

Fine here.  Saturday 9:52 am,  Ohio
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "348tripower"So the only thing I see that's slow on here now is Bob  :D
I'm off to Biloxi, Mississippi at 7 AM tomorrow morning. Cruising The Coast.
The wagon is packed, checked out and ready to roll. I'll check in when I can! :)

Why day always picin' on me  :?:  :?:  :?:  :roll:

Travel safe...  8)

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

10:35 am in AZ... blazing fast loading  right now.  

I think we have all heard the "no problem here" comment from the IP service company. We all have those stories.  LOL
Tony

butch27

Looks good here--Sunday