1947 Ford grille

Started by trackster, August 06, 2018, 09:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trackster

My boy needs a grille for his '47 Convert.  Bob Drake, Dennis Carpenter and the other major players in the parts game are out of stock and don't know when the supplier is doing another run.  I talked to them at Louisville last weekend.  The stainless trim is available but the main sheet metal structure is not.   He found one on ebay, made in Taiwan, from a seller called Dales MFG.    Looks good in the picture but we all know about pictures!   Any one familiar with this seller?   I figure one supplier is making them all, since tooling costs are too high for such a limited demand item.    Any thoughts?  Thanks.
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!

Okiedokie

Is this Dales from Oklahoma City?

Okiedokie

If Dales Mfg is in OKC then it is Classic Auto parts. I have looked at their F100 metal fenders, hoods, etc. and they appear to be good quality.

trackster

Yes, it is Dales from OKC.   Hadn't heard of him before and was wondering if the steel was same gage as oem and how the fit was.

kb426

Dales used to be the best. That's where the good 32 grille inserts came from. I don't have recent knowledge of the product quality, though.
TEAM SMART

trackster

Thanks for the info.   Still dealing with the insurance company and trying to find a shop to do the work.   No one in the area wants to work on anything but newer collision repair.