Important message from Don's Hot Rod Garage

Started by 348tripower, June 19, 2018, 06:18:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

So I have to announce the sale of my 1947 Dodge COE. I have had a good friend of mine pestering me about buying the truck. I had decided that when the wagon had proved out I would sell the truck. The stars all aligned last week and John is now the new owner. Here is a going away picture of the truck and his 15 year old son Hayden. John bought a bottle of detailer and some micro fiber towels and Hayden polished on their new ride about every 15 minutes. They went to Hastings Mi. on Sunday.
Don Colliau

WZ JUNK

It seems that we all have mixed feelings when one of our projects goes out the driveway for the last time.  Sometimes it is a sad moment, but often there is a smile on your face.  I enjoy the building and driving, more than the cleaning and polishing. But everyone has their own area of hot rodding that they enjoy.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

moose

New owners seem happy. Now to fill the hole in the shop with the next project!

kb426

TEAM SMART

348tripower

I think the word is bittersweet? Anyway they are really happy :D
Don Colliau

Ohio Blue Tip

Now that you have that extra money, bring some extra beer to the NATS!  :roll:  :lol:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

rumrumm

I know the feeling. Congratulations on the sale (Cyber-pat on the back).
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

kb426

Don, it appears that it is difficult to sell hot rods, period. There's always the color, interior, etc choices. If your plan was to only own one at a time, I see no negatives here at all. I'm thinking I should only have 1 hot rod. This started the discussion about what is the ultimate hot rod. If anybody knows that answer, I really want to hear it. :)
TEAM SMART

57larry

58 Yeoman

I have to admit...it looks MUCH bigger in your avatar!
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

Happiness is finding a good home for one you're done with. 8)
Matt

UGLY OLDS

Kinda hate to see it go Don ....I remember watching it being built ...... 8)   But ...As long as you can keep the wagon problem free, I see you having just as much fun without the hassle of where to park ..... 8)  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

416Ford

They must have rolled in late on Sunday Don, I did not see it there and I would have been calling you as soon as I saw it. Congrats I think...
I guess we will see how many pictures get taken of the new ride. :)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

348tripower

Quote from: "416Ford"They must have rolled in late on Sunday Don, I did not see it there and I would have been calling you as soon as I saw it. Congrats I think...

I asked them Monday if they had seen you two. I figured you would ask them what was up. :shock:
Don Colliau

papastoyss

Quote from: "348tripower"
Quote from: "416Ford"They must have rolled in late on Sunday Don, I did not see it there and I would have been calling you as soon as I saw it. Congrats I think...

I asked them Monday if they had seen you two. I figured you would ask them what was up. :shock:
Dang, that COE was easy to spot at the Nats! Will the sedan delivery make it there?
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!