2018 Mid Am Nats Springfield 3000+ pics by Charlotte

Started by Carnut, June 07, 2018, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnut

Got a few pages posted, but it's gonna take me awhile to get all 35 pages posted. Just thought I'd post these couple of pics for grins.

2018 More NSRA Southwest Nats OKC 3000+ pics by Charlotte

Thumbnail pics

Roll Pics

Some highlite pics

Carnut

WZ JUNK

That brought out a good laugh from me this morning.  Thanks for taking the pictures but I do not want to hog the show.

I named the car, and it is now official.  Funny how I tried to do my best throughout the build of this car, and I used the best parts, but it has continually tormented me.  The name is very fitting I think.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

sirstude

Thanks for the pics.  John, the car really looks good.   That Yellow and Brownish Safari with the Nomad quarters sure makes the miles.  I saw in tin Puyallup WA a few years ago.  Really like that car and nice people that drive it.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

idrivejunk

Those red Chevys both look mighty cool for such a hot day. Boss liked the award pic much. The one of my Snap-On guy in his red Chevy makes him look even cooler than he is, how did you do that? Personally I was wowing at the abundance of first gen Monte Carlos. Then a Monte Camino / El Carlo vision popped into my head. Thanks again for all the pic efforts, lady and gents. 8)
Matt

Carnut

Quote from: "sirstude"Thanks for the pics.  John, the car really looks good.   That Yellow and Brownish Safari with the Nomad quarters sure makes the miles.  I saw in tin Puyallup WA a few years ago.  Really like that car and nice people that drive it.

Doug

This one?

Oops just got informed these are Mid Am Nats Springfield pics. too late to change the title on the first posts.

Crosley.In.AZ

Will take a while to get thru these photos... Thanks for posting them.

Had a high school buddy, his wife (at the time) ... had a gen 1 Monte Carlo with a 454 in it. As I recall: the car was not an SS .  She complained about the gas mileage. I told her a 454 engine was not a high mpg power plant.  She had zero clue what I was talking about.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Quote from: "Crosley"Will take a while to get thru these photos... Thanks for posting them.

Had a high school buddy, his wife (at the time) ... had a gen 1 Monte Carlo with a 454 in it. As I recall: the car was not an SS .  She complained about the gas mileage. I told her a 454 engine was not a high mpg power plant.  She had zero clue what I was talking about.

Hmm- in high school I had a girlfriend (older chix were "easier"  :wink: ) who said she'd had an honest to goodness 70 or 71 SS, 454 four speed, dark blue with black top. Loaned it to someone who rolled it. So sad. They did not make many of those. It must have been quite a stunt getting a 2-1/4 ton car to go over on it's lid. :shock:

I found one pic of a monte'd camino but it didn't look as good as the Chevelle front. Monte looks alright as a panel wagon though.

Made it through the rest of the pics this morning... thanks again for those, it looks like fun. I wish there was car shows for poor folks.
Matt

sirstude

1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us