More Rust...

Started by Arnold, December 18, 2017, 10:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnold

They started using beet juice about 2 years ago as a stickier carrier for the road salt in southern Ontario. This stuff is just plain ugly. Obviously gets into areas where it is next to impossible to get out. Hey..sticks to the road better :evil: Just does not break down and get flushed out easier COMPARED to just plain old road salt..(we got brine after road salt..so brine is kinda old school :roll:

I heard about a month or so ago that they wanted something STICKIER as a carrier for the road salt.
   Sticks a lot better

MOLLASES..

Yessiree..Mollasses and road salt mix.
   Coming to southern Ontario Simcoe County

:cry:

UGLY OLDS

Better to be prepared ...Start saving cardboard now ..It makes the cleanup sooooo much easier...... :roll:  :evil:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Arnold

YOU are a funny man :lol:  :lol:

ACTUALLY the cardboard is the LAST LAYER :wink:

( When the floor HAS rusted out..the usual prep work on top..resin,HD fiberglas cloth.
Underneath is a bit tricker to get the cloth on..SOOoooo :idea: you put the cloth on top of the cardboard and support it from underneath.)
That way the resin soaks through the cloth saturating it AND into the cardboard.(Cardboard is much better than mat here as the resin flows too easily through the mat) Sure..you wanna know how I know that.

WorkED pretty good :oops:

The sooner you need to use the vehicle again the more hardener you use :lol: (winter repair) AND the longer you have to run it with the heater on.

idrivejunk

Its like they dream up the most nightmarish mix then put it down anytime it might dip into the 30s. Or maybe its just a good year for molasses. My 72 SS had the perforated trunk floor and I worked at a boat maker's shop so I used the chopper gun in the trunk. :roll:
Matt