KC GoodGuys

Started by couper, September 22, 2004, 04:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

couper

Kristy and I are heading up to the Pear Tree Inn hotel tomorrow afternoon, will be on the grounds Friday. We'll have our Original Model 'A' and the '34 coupe. Hope to see a couple of you there!
Lance

awsum34

I'll be there.  Dose anybody want to meet at the tower a 1 saturday?

We can have BBQ at the KC Masterpeice across from the Host Hotel Friday night.  or Jack Stack at 95th and Metcalf ( about 2 miles noth on metcalf) be on the left hand side of the road
they now have new food reaturants right outside of the speedway.  a steak house, and Arthur Bryant's BBQ. and somemore but can't remember what they are right now.

Quote from: "couper"Kristy and I are heading up to the Pear Tree Inn hotel tomorrow afternoon, will be on the grounds Friday. We'll have our Original Model 'A' and the '34 coupe. Hope to see a couple of you there!
Lance
The only dumb question is the one you don\'t ask

I'm going to make it but unfortunately,I'm extremely buried at work and probably won't get away untill late afternoon on Friday :roll: .Hope to be at the fairgrounds early Saturday morning.I'm staying at the Pear Tree Inn also.Dinner Friday sounds like fun but I'm sure I won't get there in time...will most likely arrive around 8PM or so...will look for some of you guys in the hotel parking lot! I've got the 40 apart in the shop,sold the 55 so it looks like I'll be driving the motorhome...uh, I mean old Caddy! Josh is still trying to decide whether to tag along with Grandpa or spend the weekend with my 7 year old nephew...Oh,the tough decisions you have to make when you're 7!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Jokester

We'll be there, but on foot this year.  We just finished moving and the car is temporarily out of commision.  

See ya there.

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

btrc

I'll be there this weekend and will also be staying at the Pear Tree Inn.  I'll have my yellow '37 Ford slantback.  I'm not very good at finding people at these events but would like to go out to dinner, maybe on Saturday night so 40 can join us.  

Bob
Bob

awsum34

Looks like everybody is staying at the Pear Tree.  Saturday night for dinner will be great.  we could eat at KC Masterpiece BBQ which is close by.(right across the street from the Host Hotel) and almost walking distance from Pear Tree.  
  want to meet at 7pm in front of KC Materpiece on saturday? that way, that might give everybody a chance to go back to there rooms before going out to eat.

couper

Saturday night at 7pm at KC Masterpiece it is! I'll look for you guys around before then also.

Lance

K.C. Masterpiece at 7 sounds great! A meeting at the tower at 1PM on Saturday also sounds good for some who perhaps can't make dinner that night.Sounds like the hotel parking lot at night will be as good as the show!If you see me go by in the bus....flag me down!

34ford

We were goring to stay at the Pear Tree, butt now I know about all the trouble makers staying there we might have to change motels.     :wink:  :wink:  :wink:   Seriously we are arriving on Thursday.

Daryle, If you don't have enough to do with the car show KC is having there Parade of Homes all this week too. We plan on checking out some of them on Sunday before heading home.

bob

couper

We'll, we're back home now. Uneventful trip. Things went smooth.
It was good to see all of you at the show and at KC Masterpiece.
The rest of you who know Rick (awsum34) should see him...he's lost 80+ pounds! The guy looks great. Wish I had that kind of 'will power'.
Daryle, you come and stay with us when you come down to look for property.
Jokester, next time, drive the rod!
Lance and Kristy.

Dave

Quote from: "couper"We'll, we're back home now. Uneventful trip. Things went smooth.
It was good to see all of you at the show and at KC Masterpiece.
The rest of you who know Rick (awsum34) should see him...he's lost 80+ pounds! The guy looks great. Wish I had that kind of 'will power'.
Daryle, you come and stay with us when you come down to look for property.
Jokester, next time, drive the rod!
Lance and Kristy.

Pics ???????????????????
Dave

Jokester

We had a good time that would have been much better with the car.  The hike from the parking lot and back was a killer!  The Speedway is not very spectator friendly.  Lance, thanx for the water and the hospitality at your tent.  We enjoyed visiting with you again and meeting your friends.  Also got to meet up with Rick (awsome 34), thanks for the directions.

Rick, it was nice meeting you too.  Did you sell your car?  That couple from Wichita sounded quite serious.  It's a beautiful car.

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

I also arrived home safely with grandson in tow! Kind of missed not having him there but it was nice to just relax!Enjoyed seeing everyone again,some of you perhaps for the last time this year :( Rick,Bob and I were at the tower at 1PM and had a good chat....ran into a few others over the weekend and had some pretty good BBQ Saturday night...hung out with Bob(BTRC) and his friend Dan most of the weekend,all in all,a very enjoyable weekend!
    Rick,thanks for the suggestion on the hotel,nicest and least expensive room I've stayed in all summer!I would also like to commend you on your willpower to lose all those pounds...you look Great!I NEED to shed some pounds but don't seem to have what it takes....Maybe someday :roll:

awsum34

Quote from: "40"I also arrived home safely with grandson in tow! Kind of missed not having him there but it was nice to just relax!Enjoyed seeing everyone again,some of you perhaps for the last time this year :( Rick,Bob and I were at the tower at 1PM and had a good chat....ran into a few others over the weekend and had some pretty good BBQ Saturday night...hung out with Bob(BTRC) and his friend Dan most of the weekend,all in all,a very enjoyable weekend!
    Rick,thanks for the suggestion on the hotel,nicest and least expensive room I've stayed in all summer!I would also like to commend you on your willpower to lose all those pounds...you look Great!I NEED to shed some pounds but don't seem to have what it takes....Maybe someday :roll:

It was nice to see everybody again, Glad i finally glad i got to meet you Jokester and BTRC. Jokester since you live in Shawnee i'll probably run into you at the shows.  The guy from Wichita might have e-mailed me. there were 5 e-mails about my car sunday night. One is going to come by the 9th. We'll just have to wait and see.
   Darly, glad the hotel was great. Good friends and BBQ (don't get any better that ).
    Lance, glad you made it here and back home. We'll be seeing you in Springfield next May.
 When the doctor tells you what your heading for and you gain so much weight you can't bend over and pick up the wrench you dropped. Thought it was time to drop some weight.