Need info possibly from Hollander

Started by kb426, November 15, 2017, 09:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Does anybody have info to determine the original carb on a 1969 Mustang Mach 1 "s " code? This has a 4 speed and ac if it makes any difference.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I am not finding any thing on a 1969 Mustang S code. The only codes I find are H, M, R, and Q. So what engine does it have?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

Maybe this one? The only other one with a Holley was the boss 302. The others used Autolite carburetors

LIST   TAG ID   FORD P/N        MODEL  CFM   YEAR

4456   C9AF-S   C9AZ 9510-S   4150   750   69   Z 429 Special S/T (Boss)
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

Kind of a hard one ...From what I remember, Ford changed carb applications daily during that time ......Emissions & whatever ...And NOT all applications used Holleys ....

"S" code should be a 390 4V.....

Take a look here ....

http://mustangtek.com/4300/C9ZF-E.html

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

The engine is a 390 4v. Most of this car is untouched except for the carb. This has a 4160 holley on it but I see lots of other body styles had the 4300 Autolite/ Motorcraft semi spreadbore style. I was unable to find a pic of an engine in an untouched car for verification. I'm aware that when ever a manufactuer runs out of parts, they substitute. The owner is doing a restoration and is trying hard to be correct. I have a 428 cobrajet carb from that era. I only remember holleys on the mustangs but my memory is far from 100%. Thank you.
TEAM SMART

kb426

My mistake: this is a 4150 style. metering blocks on both ends.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

What is the info on the air horn on the one you have ??  List # & etc??

Also ...Look at this site for this article on  JUST the air cleaners that were used in that era ... :shock:

http://www.scoderegistry.com/history/s-code-air-cleaners

During that time frame I still raced Fords but Fords ever changing policies , ( and the fact that I could never keep a driveline behind my engines    :evil:  ),  was the reason I switched to Mopar ......

Look closely at the reference to the "IP" series 390 engine ....It will prolly take a Marti report to verify what belongs on that car .   :roll:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Bob, the owner has been instructed to google the carb number. I have seen that link you provided before. His air cleaner was ruined by mouse dodo. I had done some research to see if there was a surprise. Thanks for your help!
TEAM SMART