Wrecking yard closing

Started by OlBuzzard, September 24, 2004, 02:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlBuzzard

A guy I've known for years is closing/selling his wrecking yard.  I was talking to him this morning and he asked me if I'd take some pictures of his 40's & 50's cars and put them on the internet.  Would it be appropriate to list them here and, if any of you'd like me to send you a photo to do so?

enjenjo

There is no problem with a list of the cars, but  rather not have the photos posted here. There are several free web photo hosting sites that could be used.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

So, list the cars, and if anyone is interested, they can email you for them?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

OlBuzzard

Sure, or I'll list his cell phone number and you can call him direct.  He mentioned 2-'50 Chevy convertibles and a 50 Cadillac coupe.  My son and I'll go over there in the morning and make a list and take lots of photos.  He said he had about 60 old cars.  I'll let you all know what he has either tomorrow or Sunday.

OlBuzzard

Okay, folks, I went to the wrecking yard Saturday and took photos of about 40 cars/trucks.  Most of them are not as old as I'd hoped but here's a list: lots of chevy pickups 50 - 60 or so, '51 Ford 2dr, '26 Buick 4dr, 54 Chevy 2 dr., 55 Pontiac 4dr station wagon, 50 Ford 4dr, 75 Chevy Nova 2dr, 70 Olds Cutlass 2dr, 68 Chevy 2dr SS hdtop, 65? El Camino, 67? Buick Riviera, '56 Buick Super 4dr, '38 Chevy 4dr, 49 Chevy cpe., '42 Caddy 4dr., 41 Chevy 2dr sedan, '51 Ford 2dr sedan, '38 Chevy coupe, '61 Caddy limo (now wouldn't that be fun), '50 Chevy 2dr hdtop, '57 Ford 2dr hdtop, 52 Caddy 2dr. hdtop, '59 Studebaker pickup, '51 Chevy 2dr. sedan, '38 Chevy 2dr. sedan, ? Pontiac Trans-am, '65 Chevy 2dr. hdtop, 62 Chevy 2dr hdtop, '45 Chevy pickup, '50 Chevy convert., '47 Chevy Sedan Delivery, '36 Chevy pickup (2 cabs), '35 Ford 8N tractor, '51 Jeep, '68 Olds 98 convert., '51 Chevy coupe w/top chopped off, '65? Olds Starfire (in great shape).  If you'd like a photo of any of the above email me.  If you're interested in any of these call:  Robert Rowland 830-278-1177 (wrecking yard), 830-934-2248 (home) or 830-486-6518 (cell).  He's planning to close his yard and crush what's left--says he'll take any reasonable offer for any or all.

Stevie G

Quote from: "OlBuzzard"If you'd like a photo of any of the above email me.

I tried but it says you are not accepting PM's and you don't have an email address in your profile.

Help us please.........

Thanks,
Stevie G
Do you like monsters?  Get a Swamp Thing T-Shirt

OlBuzzard

Sorry about that--my email is:

cgill1@stx.rr.com

Chuck

chevybyrd

Quote from: "OlBuzzard"A guy I've known for years is closing/selling his wrecking yard.  I was talking to him this morning and he asked me if I'd take some pictures of his 40's & 50's cars and put them on the internet.  Would it be appropriate to list them here and, if any of you'd like me to send you a photo to do so?