insulation

Started by trackster, June 26, 2017, 09:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trackster

Sorry about taking so long to post my decision.  I did go with the Peel and Seal from Lowe's.  It made quite a difference in the heat from the firewall and floor.  I used one layer and did roll it for better adhesion.  I was surprised at the difference it made.  Would recommend.
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!

Rochie

There are two products available at Lowe's that are really quite good!  They are both from Reflectix and are really inexpensive.  One is a aluminum foil backed roofing product but it comes in wide rolls. I remember 24 inch or so.STICKS LIKE POOP TO FUR!!  The other product is again from Reflectix, and it's closed cell foam and double sided aluminum foil. I used 3M # 77 spray glue for the foam product and taped seams and edges.  I just used both products in a 64 Malibu and the results were nothing short of GREAT!

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Rochie"There are two products available at Lowe's that are really quite good!  They are both from Reflectix and are really inexpensive.  One is a aluminum foil backed roofing product but it comes in wide rolls. I remember 24 inch or so.STICKS LIKE POOP TO FUR!!  The other product is again from Reflectix, and it's closed cell foam and double sided aluminum foil. I used 3M # 77 spray glue for the foam product and taped seams and edges.  I just used both products in a 64 Malibu and the results were nothing short of GREAT!

Does the aluminum backed roofing product have any "asphalt"  odor after it sits in the sun for awhile  :?:  :?:

That was an issue awhile back when used on the roof behind the headliner .....

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Rochie

No odour what so ever, even when laying it there was very little odour. I did sand the inner roof and spray it with etch prime just to be sure of a good bite.  I finished the Malibu last spring and it has been out in the warm summer weather, well as warm as it got up here.