Ron Fournier

Started by enjenjo, October 01, 2017, 02:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I just was made aware that Ron Fournier passed away on the 17th of September. He was 75 and has been one of my heroes since I read his book on metal shaping in the early 80s. A large number of the metal shapers around today were inspired by him, and many people will miss him.

RIP
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I read about that not long after he passed away. Reading his obituary was the story of a man with a good life. Well respected and many accomplishments.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Yes.  I read about this a week or so ago. Amazing fellow
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Bruce Dorsi

Remember when 75 used to sound OLD ???

It's funny how one's perspective changes as we age.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Charlie Chops 1940

RIP Ron.

He was an inspiration to me also, along with Ron Covell and Timothy Remus. I've got sll the books and they have helped me a lot.

Yeah, 75 used to seem old but I'll be there in about 5 months, God willing and the creek don't rise.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"Remember when 75 used to sound OLD ???

It's funny how one's perspective changes as we age.

Preach Reverend!
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

Wow, sorry to hear of his passing.

When I was working at the local grocery store in High School all of us guys were hot for the cute little blonde customer who drove a big-tired, 3/4 ton Chevy 4wd through the drive through. There was unanimous agreement she looked great even though "she's probably 30."
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

57larry

didn't hear of his passing RIP Ron