Strongest 1/2" Ratchet?

Started by Arnold, June 29, 2017, 11:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnold

Shopping for another 1/2" ratchet. Regular length handle. MUST be able to take a pretty good heavy hammer beating. (Light sledge). The one I have been using is not broken yet. YET. I sure don't trust it anymore. No kidding. It is no longer made.
It is a round head. Not sure if the round heads are stronger? Probably only in the sense that most of the cheap ratchets are round heads.
 I think I will put away the one I am using now..IN CASE I need it..and use the new one I am buying from now on.

There is a bolt I am now and again faced in dealing with. Room to get a socket on and ratchet on the socket. Barely enough room to get my hand on the ratchet handle. Certainly not enough to loosen it. No room for any sort of longer ratchet,pipe on the handle etc. Just enough room to beat it down with my heavy hammer..or light sledge. Not enough room for anything larger than a ratchet head. T handle,flex head are too big.

I am kinda leaning towards a Husky pear head..I have never had any issues with Husky tools..really like them actually. PLUS the Home Depot is not far..beat it break it they have lots more. Warranty..however if someone here says they will break in a second I won't bother. The Husky is pretty big..heavy..beefy. Only $27. Our box store..Canadian Tire..Maximum..about $60..warranty..I doubt it if they see hammer marks on the handle. I think ditto for Snap On or Gray. I can't imagine the Stanley Professional taking even 1 hammer blow. I dunno though. $27 lots of them..seem really flimsy. I asked at the local auto parts place I deal with. "You hit it with a hammer no warranty" I did buy a really,really nice PT (Professional Tool) 1/2" long handle ratchet from them.

Any thoughts? Thanks.