A purple pickup for sale

Started by WZ JUNK, June 12, 2017, 08:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

Looks familiar but I just can not place where I have seen it.  https://joplin.craigslist.org/cto/6172686110.html  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

I don't think I've seen it. I tend to remember graphics for some reason. :)
TEAM SMART

416Ford

I wanted to buy that when the Old guy owned it. :)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

purplepickup

It's a little bittersweet seeing that ad. Doesn't look like he changed anything. Hard to improve on perfection I guess. :wink:
George

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "purplepickup"It's a little bittersweet seeing that ad. Doesn't look like he changed anything. Hard to improve on perfection I guess. :wink:

I called to see if it was the guy I sold it to and it is him.  He said that he really enjoyed the truck but he needed more space and comfort.  He said he has won 39 trophies with it during his ownership.  People really like that truck.

If he sells it for that price, he will be the big winner, and I will be very surprised.  Maybe he will share the profits with you and I. :D

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

Boy, John, I thought you still owned it. I'm so far out of the loop that I don't even know where it starts. :)
TEAM SMART

Digger

Quote from: "purplepickup"It's a little bittersweet seeing that ad. Doesn't look like he changed anything. Hard to improve on perfection I guess. :wink:
);b(
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

Carnut

I'm so far out of the loop I didn't even know George had sold it.

Crosley.In.AZ

Back in the olde daze... that truck had some miles put on it.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

Quote from: "Crosley"Back in the olde daze... that truck had some miles put on it.
Don't know total miles for sure but it's on the 3rd speedometer since I built the truck 20+ years ago. The first one broke at 56k, 2nd one quit at around 28k, and I don't know how many miles are on the 3rd one now. Lots of memorable adventures  and new friends happened in that truck.
George

jaybee

I saw it in Carthage, pics don't do it justice. You have to see it live to fully appreciate, it's an awesome little truck.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)