Auction in Iowa

Started by purplepickup, September 16, 2004, 02:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

Somebody at work just told me about this auction near Davenport, Iowa this Sunday. http://vanderbrinkauctions.com/items/details.asp?ID=110&ItemType=AUCTION  

It's at a towing service that's been hauling cars in since 1949 and never parted any of them out.  There might be some good stuff there if it isn't all rusted.
George

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "purplepickup"Somebody at work just told me about this auction near Davenport, Iowa this Sunday. http://vanderbrinkauctions.com/items/details.asp?ID=110&ItemType=AUCTION  

It's at a towing service that's been hauling cars in since 1949 and never parted any of them out.  There might be some good stuff there if it isn't all rusted.

That may be the auction that Chris Nelson (sodbuster) is going to this weekend.   He could probably buy something for you.   You have not purchased anything this month have you?  Sorry,  I just could not pass the chance to pick on you some.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

purplepickup

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"You have not purchased anything this month have you?
Hmmm........the car trailer is back on the road......and it really isn't too far away......... :wink:
George

river1

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Hmmm........the car trailer is back on the road......and it really isn't too far away......... :wink:

and they might have some GOOD deals. :lol:  :lol:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Bob K

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "purplepickup"

and they might have some GOOD deals. :lol:  :lol:

later jim

There was a post on the HAMB about this and it included a website with pictures, can't find it now though cause I don't remember the title.

B :cry: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

purplepickup

George

58 Yeoman

Hey, George.  GEORGE....snap out of it.  Didn't you say you were getting rid of some of your projects? :lol:   Got some interesting looking vehicles, there.  How are they going to sell all those cars, etc. in two days?

Hey, if you're taking Rt 80, stop by and pick me up. :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

purplepickup

Just in case anyone cares, here's some of the results of the auction http://vanderbrinkauctions.com/items/details.asp?ID=120&ItemType=AUCTION

No I didn't buy anything cuz I didn't go :?......but judging from the prices I probably would have dragged something home if I had gone.
George

Hard to say for sure without being there,but it appeared things sold at a very reasonable price.I had sold my 210 Sport Coupe and the transporter picked it up on Friday...I have an open slot in the shop...Knew I better stay home or as George said,I'd have probably drug something home :roll:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"