Kool Deadwood Nights

Started by 40, August 25, 2016, 07:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Looks like another unplanned delay with work so I'm heading out to the Black Hills early morning to attend Kool Deadwood Nights.......Anyone else planning to attend? This is an event I've never attended but have had friends tell me it is awesome so thought I'd check it out.The grandson has started back to college but doesn't have class tomorrow so it worked out great for both of us.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Okiedokie

We attended two or three years ago. Cant really say the "show" aspect of it impressed me, but we had a great time touring the area. The Sunday morning cruise thru town was wild. Cops promoting burnouts with the crowds feet away was surprising to say the least. Friendly, smiling, cops at that. The Sat eve concert with all the chairs set up on the main street was wild also. It comes across as an event put on by the Chamber of Commerce and not a car club, which it is. Other than one of our group hitting a deer and totaling his 37, we had a great time. I would do it again.

Quote from: "Okiedokie"We attended two or three years ago. Cant really say the "show" aspect of it impressed me, but we had a great time touring the area. The Sunday morning cruise thru town was wild. Cops promoting burnouts with the crowds feet away was surprising to say the least. Friendly, smiling, cops at that. The Sat eve concert with all the chairs set up on the main street was wild also. It comes across as an event put on by the Chamber of Commerce and not a car club, which it is. Other than one of our group hitting a deer and totaling his 37, we had a great time. I would do it again.

I agree.....Was not impressed by the lack of organization regarding the car event.We also had a great time doing other things.....We go to the hills nearly every summer but my buddy hadn't been there for over 40 years.The drunks walking down main street with open containers reminded me of Bourban street in the french quarter.The bands were extremely loud and bad and how anyone found their chairs in that mess was amazing. Will definitely go back to the hills but won't make it a point to be that weekend.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"