CV Shaft(With Joints) Custom made..Where to get?? Thanks..

Started by Arnold, July 14, 2016, 12:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnold

1 of my daily drivers there is no CV shaft available. New,Used,Re-built.
Best so far is from 2 CV re-builders near me(well a 3 hr drive.) "If the old shaft is re-buildable then we can re-build it..otherwise no" :

Rochie

Arnold did you try London Driveline?  Mat can build almost anything you need 519-452-1236

Arnold

Quote from: "Rochie"Arnold did you try London Driveline?  Mat can build almost anything you need 519-452-1236

Thanks :D  I may have solved it..I have bought different 2 shafts with ends and think I can cut them and have them welded together and balanced by a local guy..if not I will try your guy..Thanks again..Arnold..

54stude

Sounds like a fun challenge, pm me the application please, I will try to find you one.

Arnold

Quote from: "54stude"Sounds like a fun challenge, pm me the application please, I will try to find you one.

Thanks :D  I have given up :cry: I will contact the shop I mentioned,and Rochie mentioned.
I am convinced there is no shaft for this vehicle other than the one that was in it.
Other than custom made.
I rebuilt the old one and put it back in..next time I need a shaft/joint I hope the one I am making up as a spare or Rochies guy will work.
2006 Chevrolet Uplander AWD Ext., Rear shaft. Has factory hi-perf. suspension, handling package, air ride, auto level. This was a "Former Govt. Vehicle" which almost certainly means Police unit. I highly suspect that they SOMEHOW used a wider  HD dif..thus the shorter axle shafts. There is no record available on other diffs or shafts..at least that I or anyone else could find. There are shafts available for this vehicle..re-built,new,used.interchange ALL of them are too long. Several of the inner tri-pot housings will not go over the rear diff splines.
I have put an enormous amount of time into looking for one
Cop vehicles here at least often get made up in "batches" for production. They are often "purpose built" and they make or stuff a bunch of stuff in..next to no records..done.
I have run into this with other cop vehilces here

Sure was fun..best part was when my Sweeties garage that she uses  that can fix and make pretty much anything and everything was beat. :lol:  She sure was not happy that I spent so much time on this :twisted: She asked me how much I slipped her garage buddy to agree with me :lol: I said they are cheap..$20.

54stude

Yes, that's a wierd one.  

The unique part is probably the shaft, and I wonder if the splines on the standard ones are long enough to shorten the shaft, and cut a new snap ring groove?