Battery question for my Olds

Started by sirstude, June 21, 2016, 01:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

I am headed down the wiring road for the Olds finally, pretty much have a good idea what I am planning on doing right there, but have battery questions.  I am thinking of running 2 batteries, one for most everything, and another for just the air ride.  I have 2 compressors for that, and my thought is if I get messing around at a show with the suspension, I don't want to kill the main battery, always want to be able to start.  I have been looking at the Odyssey batteries for the air, small with 200+ cranking amps with an isolator between it and the rest of the system.  Not sure on the other, Optima, or just a good AGM battery.  Any opinions on these out there?  Batteries will be mounted above the rear end behind the rear seat firewall inside the trunk.  
The air ride is RideTech Level Pro2, with the computer and height and pressure sensors.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

kb426

I use an assortment of cheap agm batteries in my bikes. I've been very happy with them. I'm thinking you want small and maintenance free? If you hook up a dual battery isolator you will charge all with one system. ???
TEAM SMART