Shift Cable..2 piece..GM..01 Tr.

Started by Arnold, May 25, 2016, 11:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnold

How do you get this apart..looks to me like some special thingy to compress at least 2 of these prongs at the same time..I dunno..
Tranny shop said they just pull apart..
I did not try that hard because this is not really something I want to break :lol: They are like $300 and the dealer says he sells a lot of these for those year GM trucks.
There is a clip that is very rusted and wants me to touch it and break it.. :lol:
Dealer says can't buy clip..tran shop says that  :lol: Of course the clip is rotted and will break when you get it apart you will see how to make that clip..it is easy..we  do it all the time"..

Anyone know? I feel dumb :lol: but this don't look like no clip I might just have kicking around or can make easily.
This might be spend time and drive to garage..they could tell me..make appointment all that bs..not disable vehicle because oh this one is different..
Maybe there is some tsb on it.
I looked at a bunch of pics and none look like this,
This has some red plastic ring thinggy that slides back and forth..looks like you slide it back twist it cut it and take it off..I dunno

Connector right under drivers floor seat area
Thanks lots

UGLY OLDS

Is this the round clip that connects the front & rear parking brake cables  :?:  :?:
 Pictures  :?:  :?:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Arnold

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Is this the round clip that connects the front & rear parking brake cables  :?:  :?:
 Pictures  :?:  :?:

Bob.. :wink:

Thanks..no..it is the trans shift cable..2 pieces..1 from the column selector and the other end on the trans..they meet under the drivers floor..
sorry..I have tried putting up pictures before but couldn't? I am very computer illiterate..
How do I describe this clip..hmmm..about 1/8 thick..round..couple of weird bends in it..3/4 or so overall length..5/8 or so wide..
At least I think this is the clip I have to take off? Looks that way in the GM parts book..trans guy knew it..looks like it holds the cable to the joiner..

Thanks..

kb426

TEAM SMART