Needed: 1940 buick grill supplier

Started by 50jimmy, August 14, 2016, 06:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

50jimmy

I am very sad to say that I took out a deer last night with Beaula.

If anyone has a line on front end parts, particularily grills, I would appreciate

wayne petty

there was a right side on Ebay.. 135 or so.. but it is ugly.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-1940-1941-Buick-RH-Grill-T-31844-/152181381251?hash=item236eb79883:g:6poAAOSwZd1VXjtH&vxp=mtr

is that a potmetal grill.

makes ya wonder about getting some custom aluminum extrusions.. and welding up a new one out of aluminum.

polish the straight pieces in a jig..  then bend them.. cut to length and weld

they now have multi angle water jet cutters..  this is just one of them.

and

i am not saying to buy one.. but find a place that has one..  its just an option rather than cutting slabs out and stacking them with spacers..

ragdol

Call Dave at tel:763-427-3460. He's in Minnesota, & deals in that vintage Buick parts.  Let me know how you come out, Larry.

50jimmy

I did see the right hand grill on ebay.   I need the drivers side of course.

I have a friend who thinks he is capable of building a custom grill, and that would be ok, but its beyond my current skills set.

I will give that number a call.

50jimmy

Quote from: "ragdol"Call Dave at tel:763-427-3460. He's in Minnesota, & deals in that vintage Buick parts.  Let me know
how you come out, Larry.

I did call the Dave in Minnesota, he said he doesnt have any 1940's at the present. I did leave him my name and number for what thats worth.

I got an email from a john stigler in North Carolina, with pix of a very decent looking grill, however, some have raised questions whether or not Mr. Stigler is legitimate.  The search continues.

ragdol

I know he had one at Iola. Must have sold it.

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "50jimmy"
Quote from: "ragdol"Call Dave at tel:763-427-3460. He's in Minnesota, & deals in that vintage Buick parts.  Let me know
how you come out, Larry.

I did call the Dave in Minnesota, he said he doesnt have any 1940's at the present. I did leave him my name and number for what thats worth.

I got an email from a john stigler in North Carolina, with pix of a very decent looking grill, however, some have raised questions whether or not Mr. Stigler is legitimate.  The search continues.

Any members in NC can check it out for you?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

50jimmy

We did manage to locate a grille for the Buick.  It was powder coated when we go it, the passenger side is full of pits and is rough, but the drivers side, which is the one We need is in great shape other than has some remnants of the original chrome left.

Anybody have an idea what it will take to get this chromed?

BTW....Aircraft stripper is the only thing that will take off powder coat...several applications and several wash off cycles with the red tip on the power washer