Lower radiator hose suggestions

Started by WZ JUNK, May 16, 2016, 05:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I am having trouble finding a lower radiator hose for my Chevy project.  (305 with factory crossflow radiator from a 1990 Caprice)  It is 1 3/4" on the water pump end and 1 1/2" on the radiator.  It is more offset to the right side of the car than most streetrod applications but less than the factory hose.  It is a shot in the dark but I thought someone might have an application I could try.  I have spent part of the afternoon looking at the auto parts store inventory.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

papastoyss

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I am having trouble finding a lower radiator hose for my Chevy project.  (305 with factory crossflow radiator from a 1990 Caprice)  It is 1 3/4" on the water pump end and 1 1/2" on the radiator.  It is more offset to the right side of the car than most streetrod applications but less than the factory hose.  It is a shot in the dark but I thought someone might have an application I could try.  I have spent part of the afternoon looking at the auto parts store inventory.

John
Sorry I can't help w/this application, but when I need an odd hose I take a length of the bendable aluminum hose used for exhaust manifold to air cleaner applications, bend it to the shape I need & go hunting.  Good luck!!!
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

idrivejunk

Have you considered making a section of "hard line" with some pipe, and just using short rubber ends?
Matt

enjenjo

If you can find a hose for a 70s Nova I think you will be pretty close to what you need.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

We have a winner.

1979 Monte Carlo.  I trimmed about 1 inch off of the radiator end.

Thanks for the help.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH