Dual master cylinder for 4 wheel drum brakes

Started by Topsterguy, February 09, 2016, 04:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topsterguy

I want to change the single master cylinder on my 36 Ford coupe to a dual one. It's a "survivor" so I'm staying with the 4 wheel juice drum brakes which are off a 48 Ford. What would be the best master cyl to use for this? I was thinking about the common 67-72 mustang that most use for disc / drum but would that work? Thanks!
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

enjenjo

Quote from: "Topsterguy"I want to change the single master cylinder on my 36 Ford coupe to a dual one. It's a "survivor" so I'm staying with the 4 wheel juice drum brakes which are off a 48 Ford. What would be the best master cyl to use for this? I was thinking about the common 67-72 mustang that most use for disc / drum but would that work? Thanks!

Yes, but you will need a 10 psi residual valve in the front brake line. If you are mounting it under the car, I would use a 10 psi residual valve in the rear too. They make an adapter for that master cylinder that will bolt to what is there now.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Topsterguy

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "Topsterguy"I want to change the single master cylinder on my 36 Ford coupe to a dual one. It's a "survivor" so I'm staying with the 4 wheel juice drum brakes which are off a 48 Ford. What would be the best master cyl to use for this? I was thinking about the common 67-72 mustang that most use for disc / drum but would that work? Thanks!

Yes, but you will need a 10 psi residual valve in the front brake line. If you are mounting it under the car, I would use a 10 psi residual valve in the rear too. They make an adapter for that master cylinder that will bolt to what is there now.

Thanks! Do you know who makes the adapter off hand?
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

enjenjo

Quote from: "Topsterguy"

You want me to come install it too? :D  ECI makes a simple one, Chassis Engineering has a bit more sophisticated one.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Topsterguy

Quote from: "Topsterguy"

You want me to come install it too? :D  ECI makes a simple one, Chassis Engineering has a bit more sophisticated one.

Hey, that'd be great ....I have good Canadian beer, eh!  Just thought I'd ask and shorten the hunt!  Thanks again! :D