Parts

Started by enjenjo, November 24, 2015, 12:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I ordered parts for a truck I am working on today. A clutch plate, pilot bearing, and throw out bearing.  the same parts were used by GM from 1947 to 2004. No place in town had one in stock, not only that, none of the ware houses had one either, it was a 10 day manufacturers special order to get one. I ordered the parts on line, should be here wednesday.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Last time I went in for an oil filter for a Pontiac V8 the response was "they still make those?".
Matt

UGLY OLDS

Gee .. I find it strange when Rock Auto sends me E-Mails to advise of "Close-Out Pricing" on the "obsolete" parts for the vehicles I have listed in their site... :roll:
All of those vehicles are my "Daily Drivers".. :shock:  :shock:

Or during my recent "fender adventure" when the supplier told me to just scrap the damaged fender that arrived as they didn't need it back :?:

Has anyone noticed that seal beam headlights are not as easy to find as they once were  :?:   :?  :?

BUT... In just a few more years & I can take my Astro Van to the Nats in K-Zoo  :idea:  :!:  :!:  :!: :lol:  :lol:  8)

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Rrumbler

I sort'a wonder, in my deep state of cynicism, if some of those folks even know what a clutch is.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

chimp koose

Rumbler just ask my wife , a clutch is a little purse with no strap, that should match your shoes .

UGLY OLDS

Of course they do Rumbler, it comes with the A/C compressor thing ... Oh ..You will also need an accumulator , orifice tube & flush kits or there is no warranty ...  You should replace the belt & cabin filter at the same time ....

What else do you need today  :?:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

I just ordered a thrust bearing for my 81 Honda accord , from rock auto , as my parts store looks on their site to find them anyways . I think I could take this baby to the nats already ugly olds !

Crosley.In.AZ

Seems to be location sensitive stuff.

Out here in rust free climate,  more parts for old cars easy to buy.  I bought many off shelf parts for my 1983 Monte Carlo.  Same for the 1962 Falcon with 1978  Phord power train in it

Only time something was said was at ACE Hardware when I was there to get new keys cut for the 1983 car... the guy muttered a couple times about : that old of a car
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)