Greaserama, Platte City, MO

Started by jaybee, September 07, 2015, 10:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

I'm still learning the car culture here in Kansas City, but managed to find a car show for Labor Day weekend. Rat rods and rockabilly culture aren't normally my thing, but I knew I'd have a great time anyplace I could find people to talk cars, listen to some exhaust sound, and stare at some interesting wheels.

I missed the big day on Saturday, but that's how it goes. Here's one that was interesting. Not traditional, but quite unique. I had to ask, the engine is a Jaguar V12.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

jaybee

This one looked like a lot of fun, a little Peerless roadster. It might not be fast but it would sure feel that way.

jaybee

I had a great conversation with the owner of this really nice Ranchero. Very nice guy and he had some good information about where to find some car action in the area...including a car show very close to where I work of which I hadn't heard at all.

jaybee

Here's something from the rattier side of things, though not a "rod" by normal definitions. The body needs some real TLC as the gelcoat is completely gone in places, but who has time to notice with a blown Chevy in a Cheetah?

jaybee

Choose one...they all look like fun, don't they?

jaybee

As you can see the fairgrounds was starting to empty out by this time, but there were still choices for any taste from tiny to land yacht.

jaybee

Any show with a name like "Greaserama" is going to have some gassers. Here's a nice one. The owner and his wife are really enjoying this one and said it drives well even on the highway once they hit Coker up for some tires of adequate width for the front.

jaybee

There were any number of shoebox Fords and Mercs as well as Chevs from the same era. Nothing flashy about this one, but black paint, a hood full of louvers, white whites, and a tuck and roll interior give it a nice style.

jaybee

This one goes a lot farther than the basics, but what's not to like?