I will start the whos is going to Kalamazoo thread!

Started by 348tripower, September 05, 2015, 06:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lofat46

Hey Bob,
Checking Google Earth, if we exit at the Portage St. exit (78 I think) we can take Portage straight North to Cork St. and turn right and get into the host hotel from the west. Portage angles to the Northwest so we can turn right on any of the side streets off of Portage and go to the first or second side streets (Moreland and Konkle) and turn left and take those to Cork, a straight shot on both and avoid Sprinkle all together.
If your going to the fairgrounds direct from registration you can avoid Sprinkle by turning left out of registration, turn right on Millcork to Miller, right on Miller then left on Olmstead to Lake left to the fairgrounds entrance. 8)

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "lofat46"Hey Bob,
Checking Google Earth, if we exit at the Portage St. exit (78 I think) we can take Portage straight North to Cork St. and turn right and get into the host hotel from the west. Portage angles to the Northwest so we can turn right on any of the side streets off of Portage and go to the first or second side streets (Moreland and Konkle) and turn left and take those to Cork, a straight shot on both and avoid Sprinkle all together.
If your going to the fairgrounds direct from registration you can avoid Sprinkle by turning left out of registration, turn right on Millcork to Miller, right on Miller then left on Olmstead to Lake left to the fairgrounds entrance. 8)

Thanks Tony ...  That sounds like a plan ... :idea:

Be careful on Cork street west of where the host hotels are...  A few years back we were almost "relieved" of our vacation funds in that area at a car wash ... Fella kept saying " Havin' a nice car like that you REALLY must have some cash to spare" ...  We left immediately with the Olds "soapy" & rinsed it at the motel ...  :roll:

See you there .... 8)

Bob ..  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

416Ford

Yes Tony, the ramps are still closed. I don't know the area good enough to give you directions. I was down there on Thursday and saw that it was closed. I can come in from down town, I take 131 south.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

lofat46

Quote from: "416Ford"Yes Tony, the ramps are still closed. I don't know the area good enough to give you directions. I was down there on Thursday and saw that it was closed. I can come in from down town, I take 131 south.

Thanks Dave.  I think the route I found on Google maps should work.  Hope to see you this weekend.
Tony

WZ JUNK

I was there for a couple of hours on Friday morning.  It was good to see some of my old friends, even if it was for a very short time.

We arrived back home here this morning.  That's pretty good turn around for me.  Leave Wednesday at noon and drive to Michigan.  Then return home to southwest Missouri on Saturday morning with a new toy on the trailer.  This toy is special.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

phat46

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I was there for a couple of hours on Friday morning.  It was good to see some of my old friends, even if it was for a very short time.

We arrived back home here this morning.  That's pretty good turn around for me.  Leave Wednesday at noon and drive to Michigan.  Then return home to southwest Missouri on Saturday morning with a new toy on the trailer.  This toy is special.  

John
Is that what I think it is on the trailer? Looks like a HotrodPurplePickup!

phat rat

It was nice to see you and Brenda again. As you said John it was a short while. Glad to see Georges truck with a good caretaker. It certainly was a shock when you showed me the picture of your reason for coming to Mi.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

purplepickup

Time to move on. I just wasn't getting any use out of the truck anymore.

It's good to see you made it home without any problems John and it was nice to see you and Brenda again. :D

I never did make it to Kalamazoo. I've had some problems with my leg. We had a dip in temperatures this weekend. Hope everyone had fun and stayed warm.
George

Charlie Chops 1940

George,

Sorry you couldn't make it.

John and Brenda - nice to see both of you again.

I had a couple decent days at the swap meet. Seems like I saw everyone I know in  the mid-west Back to normal today, cutting grass and grooming the ranch.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat rat

You were missed George. Hope the leg problem isn't serious.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

348tripower

George,
 Sorry you couldn't make the Zoo. You were missed. It is a shock to see the truck headed elsewhere.  Take care of the leg.
It was nice to see Charlie. Jack, Kenny, Bob, Dave and Vikki and I probably missed somebody.
Don Colliau

UGLY OLDS

George ..  Sad to see that you weren't able to make it ...  Hope the leg thing is not serious ...Enjoyed seeing all the people listed above ...   You are going to have John shine up your pickup & return it to you ready to cruise  :?:  
That's pretty nice of him... 8)

We had to leave early to "rescue" a friends car ... ( The Blue Corvette ) .. It lost a timing chain just before the Indiana state line ... :(

It's a shame ..She has only owned the car for 3 weeks ....I think within the "group", we will have enough parts & labor to return it to service  8)

The young Lady that owns it has had a pretty rough go of life for some time
& really looked forward to getting that car ....    :roll:

I think that her 'Uncles" will work to make it right ... 8)  
   That's the way we do things...... 8)

Bob ...  :wink:

purplepickup

My leg problem is that a nerve was pinched when they put pressure on my artery after the stent deal to stop the bleeding. It's a nerve that goes down the top and outside of my thigh and I'd had some problems with it before but it was manageable. This sort of put me over the line. I'll work it out in therapy I think.

No Bob, I don't think John will be bringing the truck back after a shine since I seem to have misplaced the money he paid so a refund is out of the question.  :wink:

I did miss seeing everyone.
George

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "purplepickup"My leg problem is that a nerve was pinched when they put pressure on my artery after the stent deal to stop the bleeding. It's a nerve that goes down the top and outside of my thigh and I'd had some problems with it before but it was manageable. This sort of put me over the line. I'll work it out in therapy I think.

Well ...this part is eazy-peazy....It's called WARRANTY...I always had to warranty MY repairs ... Your Doctor should too.. :idea:

QuoteNo Bob, I don't think John will be bringing the truck back after a shine since I seem to have misplaced the money he paid so a refund is out of the question.  :wink:

Well Gee Wizz.........Does this mean that your screen name will be changed to "White Van" :?:  :?:

I don't think that your van is old enough to get on the grounds at K-Zoo    :?:  :roll:    
 In fact , I remember a few years back you being told in no uncertain terms that you had to leave ASAP as it was not allowed ..  :lol:

QuoteI did miss seeing everyone.

We missed you too ..... :(

Bob.... :wink: