Back to the 50s

Started by bucketmouth, June 26, 2015, 01:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucketmouth

Well I'm on another visit to the states and this time I'm with my partner and some other non rodders.So this is more of a tourist visit but I did stipulate I wanted to go to the BTTFs if it's the only Hotrod thing I do.

So in saying all that we all did go and to my friends surprise they were dumb struck over the size of the event and the fairgrounds.

While this is my fifth visit stateside and I have been to many events this one was right up there with the best of them.

11995 official entries apparently made it a record amount of cars.

There were lots of good cars and I still didn't see them all but non the less it was excellent.

When I can figure out how to post pix from my iPad I will.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

bucketmouth

See how this goes
[/URL][/img]

[/URL][/img]

[/URL][/img]

[/URL][/img]

enjenjo

I don't know if he still owns it, but a buddy from Windsor Canada built the blue 32 sedan.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

bucketmouth

Charlie Chops 1940

St. Paul is my all-time favorite car show fairgrounds! Thanks for the pictures.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Choptop

Lots of very nice cars. One of my favorites, is the 32 roadster with the 348/409.
Thanks for posting.
Do not spoil what you have, by desiring what you
have not.
Remember, what you have now was once among
the things you only hoped for !

Rochie

Frank,
I'm originally from Windsor born and raised.  Who built the 32 I seem to remember the car
Thanks, Wayne

39deluxe

Nice cars. Thanks for posting.

Tom

bucketmouth

Unfortunately we don't have fairgrounds like you do in the US 'cause it adds so much more atmosphere to the the event.

That's about it for my pix I wish I had taken my video camera now.

Hopefuly I can make trip #6 I still want to see the Frog Follies, the Turkey Shoot and the LA Roadster show and maybe one more trip to Bonneville and ........ :lol:

enjenjo

Quote from: "Rochie"Frank,
I'm originally from Windsor born and raised.  Who built the 32 I seem to remember the car
Thanks, Wayne

I can't recall his name right now. The first year out with it he won an award at Kalamazoo. We stayed at the same motel as he did that year.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "Rochie"Frank,
Thanks, Wayne

I can't recall his name right now. The first year out with it he won an award at Kalamazoo. We stayed at the same motel as he did that year.

Are you talking about the garbageman?

enjenjo

He was in the room next to us the year * Waite went with me. I don't even remember what car I took that year, it may have been *'s 48.

papastoyss

We went to Back to the fifties 2 yrs ago w/the Street Rodder Road Tour. Great event, they had 11,000 cars on Friday! I got to go to the NSRA Nats there in the late 80's & always wanted to go back.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!