Cincinnati this weekend

Started by GPster, July 01, 2015, 02:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

Is there any Swap Meets in the Cincinnati area this weekend?  There are some after market items that I need for the wiring on the Jeepster and it would be easier to find them at a Swap Meet type vendor then trying to explain them to a counter person at a parts store. GPster

enjenjo

What are you looking for Joe?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

The S10 headlight switch does not allow itself to be mounted. An old style headlight switch will work fine on my flat dash and there is not any extra circuits in the switch's wiring. I had to modify the brake pedal's mounting bracket to get it up under the dash and get the pedal high enough off the floor. The headlight high beam switch was originally operated by the directional switch lever but the extra switch and extra wiring makes it awfully crowded around the brake lever. I was going to use a floor mounted hi/lo beam switch like the old days. My third thought is I might just use a simple windshield wiper mounted in the visor of the convertible top so that if the top is down it will be out of the way with the top. If it's raining I will have the top up.I thought I'd put a cigarette lighter receptacle in the dash wired to the wiper circuit and I would put a plug end on the wiper motor wiring. That would eliminate the need for a switch and a bunch more of the mess of the steering column. That plus any local swap meets are pretty low key and I thought that being near a big city might offer beter pickings and if I didn't find anything I wouldn't have wasted the trip because I was going to be there anyway.GPster

kb426

I don't think this will be useful but I'm going to offer it anyway. I used a late model sport bike switch in the 32. I used relays to run the halogen headlights but they are mounted under the seat. The left hand switch I used from a Kawasaki zx6r has turn signals, high and low beam, horn and turn signals. You would need a toggle switch somewhere to feed voltage to the relays but it doesn't take up much space. I have a tube mounted to the steering column that the switch mounts on like a turn signal switch.
TEAM SMART

GPster

Basically all I am looking for is a chance to go and look through an elecrical vendors selection and find a few switches. If I go to Auto Zone or another company I'm going to be asked Make,Year, Model, engine size, transmission. I'd like to see an assortment of components rather than having to look at pictures and telling someone to order it and I'll see if I can use it. I know what I think I need is available, just asking if there'll be a chance to enjoy shopping while I'm in Cincinnati. GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "GPster"Basically all I am looking for is a chance to go and look through an elecrical vendors selection and find a few switches. If I go to Auto Zone or another company I'm going to be asked Make,Year, Model, engine size, transmission. I'd like to see an assortment of components rather than having to look at pictures and telling someone to order it and I'll see if I can use it. I know what I think I need is available, just asking if there'll be a chance to enjoy shopping while I'm in Cincinnati. GPster

yuuuup.  I agree with you Joe.  Parts   In hand, looking.  Cyphering, looking.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

GPster

Well after looking on Google for an hour under various headings I found a picture of a switch I can use at Amazon. Looked further down the page and found another item on the list so I put it into my cart. Gave the site to my wife and she put something in the cart too. Looked at the total and it was under $25.00 so it was too small an order so looked for the third item. That bumped the sale to the free shipping point so it's on it's way. We're in Cincinnati now but I haven't found a newspaper yet to see if there's anything going on but our daughter-in-law "Texted" us during the drive to see what kind of beer I wanted. I may not go anywhere.GPster

kb426

TEAM SMART