New under dash a/c systems

Started by junkyardjeff, February 15, 2015, 07:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkyardjeff

I want to install a/c in my 66 F250 but would like to find a new but vintage looking under dash a/c system,are they available or will I have to buy a vintage unit,if I do get a new system are they available to use R12 since I have plenty and would like to use up..

river1

Vintage Air sells an under dash AC unit here is just one place to get it.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/vta-672001vhy?seid=srese1&gclid=CPGPr7725cMCFc9ffgodmYEA5Q

Now about using R12, personally I would sell the R12 and use the money towards the new AC unit. Lots of fellas NEED to use R12 and have to pay the price.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

58 Yeoman

Geez...I've been looking for a receiver/drier for my Galaxie, and found one at Old Air, only to be told that they were no longer available.  It was about $130, because I don't have a core.  Here's a whole kit for not much more.  I'll have to look into this.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

junkyardjeff

I am going to give them a call to see if they sell everything else that goes along with it,I do not have time to look it up right now as I will be heading to work in a few minutes. I would rather use R12 since it starts to cool quicker then that new stuff and I have enough to last me a life time.

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Geez...I've been looking for a receiver/drier for my Galaxie, and found one at Old Air, only to be told that they were no longer available.  It was about $130, because I don't have a core.  Here's a whole kit for not much more.  I'll have to look into this.

So yeah, that's just for the evap.

Phil

enjenjo

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Geez...I've been looking for a receiver/drier for my Galaxie, and found one at Old Air, only to be told that they were no longer available.  It was about $130, because I don't have a core.  Here's a whole kit for not much more.  I'll have to look into this.

You have a part number, I might be able to help
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

The guy I bought the car from had a muffler shop work on the a/c.  Well, there's no drier.  I think I found one at Nostalgic Air...I'll have to do some checking.  I'm also not sure if the condenser is original, so I'll have to see if the NA one will fit.

I'll keep you in mind, Frank.  Thanks.

http://nostalgicac.com/driers-valves/original-replacement-driers/ford-drier-dealer-air-see-description-341.html

Phil

enjenjo

That looks like a reasonable price. Do you have dealer installed air, or factory air?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

I'm not sure.  It hangs under the dash, and says Ford.   :lol:

Phil

Beck

The under dash Vintage Air has to be installed at the correct angle under the dash so the condensate drain is at the low point.

I had a problem with mine sweating badly. There is no insulation in the steel box. On humid days it will make the floor under it wet. I drove with a towel under mine. I had it in a pickup. It cooled it well.

junkyardjeff

The Ford a/c unit is the one I would like to have but would settle for any vintage a/c system,there as a old junkyard that I got two systems out of and had a few more but it closed before I could get any more. One I got out of there was a Sears unit that cooled my 53 Olds real good.