GM TV cable on Q-jet carburetor

Started by vso737, February 15, 2015, 07:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vso737

Hi,

Does anyone have a 4L60 or 700R4 hooked up to a SBC Quadrajet carburetor??

If so, I need to see a picture of the TV cable linkage on the carburetor.

I have a 4L60 trans. with a Lokar TV cable hooked up to my 1968 327CI motor.  The Quadrajet carburetor has the stock automatic trans. linkage and I want to touch basis that I'm on the right track as far as GEOMETRY and adjustment goes.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE...............

LG,
Mike
"you\'re killing me Larry!"

Crosley.In.AZ

here is page with photo & drawings  that Sumner put up yrs ago:

clik here
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

vso737

Thanks Crosley-

I had some of the literature and really appreciate now having pretty much all of it.

Attached is a picture of how my set-up looks now.  I still have NOT tested it out.  If need be, now I know what to do for sure.

Thanks again,
LG,
Mike

http://s198.photobucket.com/user/vso737_2007/media/002%20TV%20cable%20geometry_zpsykzpxlp8.jpg.html

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

enjenjo

You have to have the starting and ending angle right to get the correct transmission pressures, as that changes the rate of pressure increase.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

vso737

"You have to have the starting and ending angle right to get the correct transmission pressures, as that changes the rate of pressure increase."[/quote]

Hi River1,

Thank you for your reply-
YES, per the sketches provided by Crosley and the ones I have, the GEOMETRY on my carburetor is pretty much like the sketches.  
One thing to take into account which NO ONE has mentioned, and was told to me by the owner of a transmission shop that's been in business for over 40 years, is that the STARTING POINT is very crucial. The BEST way to find this point on a modified setup like mine, is to pull on the TV cable until you feel the plunger........then pull another 1/4" to secure the cable.  This is all at rest with the motor off.  Then the TV cable should NOT constrict the throttle from reaching WOT.  Once you drive the car, the fine shifting adjustments can be made by adjusting the TV cable at the rear mounting location.

I have yet to test the transmission and will post my results once i do so.