Road safety and revenue raising

Started by bucketmouth, December 03, 2014, 08:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucketmouth

I was asked do we have to have a front No plate on our vehicles in Australia and the answer was yes.
Not only do we but all plates must be viewable,undamaged,untampered,viewable to speed cameras, cant be fitted behind clear plastic,glass or have clear coatings covering the plate.
Apparently its for road safety and protecting the public from hell raising hoons. I have to applaud our government for their concern for road safety and protecting us all from this evil.
The fine is $50.00 for any of these offences.
NEWS FLASH they just increased it to $1000 that's right $1000, road safety my *.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

bucketmouth

Well I was gonna follow this with when I was visiting the states a few years back I noticed that driving penalties increased in construction zones in California. I thought I hope that never happens here and guess what it did and all with no or little announcement.

Within 24 hrs of posting this the govt now wants to introduce a congestion tax. That's $100 per car,well F... me I have three hotrods and a pick up truck that's $4oo extra per year. I can only drive one at a time.

We already pay around $600 for registration and 3rd party insurance per vehicle as it is.

Do you reckon I'm *. :evil:

I feel safer on the roads already,pigs * :evil:

Harry

Up here traffic fines are doubled in construction zones, whether anyone is working or not. Weekends included.
You may be surprised at the amount of flag people killed or injured in a work zone.

Crosley.In.AZ

Another 'law '  item I see becoming popular in the states is the license plate frames can not conceal the 'state name' at the top of the plate.  Most car dealers seem to install these plate frames on vehicles to advertise the dealership.

in Arizona years back: we had a nasty Governor that signed all types of contracts with highway speed enforcement company.  On my road trip from home to SpeedWorld drag strip (72 miles each way) , in one direction:  I would pass through 11 - 14 speed camera traps.  Stationary and mobile enforcement  units
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Carps

On the main highway from Melbourne to the New South Wales Border, we have cameras with clocks.

Yup you get shot going in and a bunch of miles down the road you get shot again.  If you went too fast between the cameras you're booked, no matter if your speed passsing the cameras was within the limit.

Bucketmouth will love this one, the fine for letting your grass grow longer than 20cm in my neighbourhood is $1,000.  Murder someopbody and you'll get bail so you can go do it again a few times before getting locked up  However if you're good whilst in jail, they'lllet you out a few years early so you can do it again whilst on parole and thay wonder why law abiding people say the law is an *.   :roll:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

bucketmouth

It's a disgrace that people will let their grass grow to such heights that's why I got artificial turf. :D
Don't get me started on the law especially after that double shooting we just had. :evil: