Disc brakes for a 1947 Cadillac 75 Series

Started by 348tripower, November 22, 2014, 02:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Anybody point me in the right direction for parts to change this over? Spindles and all?
Thanks,
Don
Don Colliau

enjenjo

Let me do some digging. I figured this out one time for a guy, but he ended up doing a frame clip.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

348tripower

Quote from: "enjenjo"Let me do some digging. I figured this out one time for a guy, but he ended up doing a frame clip.

I thought you might know. :D
Don Colliau

enjenjo

I found the notes.

It was for late 70s, early 80s Fleetwood rotors and calipers. It also uses the wheel bearings and seal from the same car.

You need to make a spacer .375" thick, with an OD of 2.00", and an ID of 1.371" for a press fit on the spindle, to fit the seal, and space the rotor out.

For a caliper bracket, you can cut up a 4x4 straight axle pickup or Blazer front backing plate and weld it to a fabricated bracket on the spindle.

I have no notes on it, but I think we used a 73 to 87 Chevy pickup pedal, booster, and master cylinder when we did the clip.

The notes also say a 805 power steering box will fit the stock holes after a notch in the inside of the frame to clear the front of the box. No notes on the pitman arm.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Frank, that looks like it took more than 20 minutes. :)
TEAM SMART

348tripower

Frank,
Thanks for the info. I have passed it along to the party that was looking for  it.
Don Colliau