Need ac info

Started by kb426, October 02, 2014, 06:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Has anybody used a Vintage Air slimline underdash unit? If so, how does it compare in capacity to the firewall units? I'm considering the heat, cool and defrost unit.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I have not installed one, but I have had a couple cars in here with one installed, and they seem to work good.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

40_Tudor

I just installed a VA Gen II unit in my 40 Tudor. Don't have all of the fitting for the A/C yet. Hooked up the heater and had a bad Heat switch. Email tech support and they gave me things to check. I had a bad Heat switch. Contacted sales and they sent one "no questions asked" Very good response from tech support and sales. Haven't had a chance to install switch yet though.

kb426

I think you guys will understand this. I spent time researching if the under dash unit would fill the needs and make my world easier with the installation. After all this, I still can't look at the under dash unit and not think it was an after thought. I just ordered a GenII firewall mount unit. There's so much in the hotrod world that is about looks and functionality. I don't have all the parts to the puzzle yet but I couldn't see the under dash unit being the right thing. :)
TEAM SMART

phat rat

I agree with the afterthought look
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

57larry

I have installed 2 in tri-fives and 1 in a 40 ford. very happy with fit and function