WHATS IT WORTH

Started by 40 Chev Coupe, September 14, 2014, 09:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

40 Chev Coupe

I have a 1928 rolloing chassis that I want to sell and am wondering what its worth. Everthing there except motor, tranny, and body parts. Just the frame and front and rear suspension left on.
Any thoughts?

GPster

Might help to know the make (model) and maybe have a picture. Rolling on what? If it would happen to be a Model A Ford and be Rolling on '35 Ford 16" wire wheels and hydralic brakes ir would make it a higher priced item. Another thing that might effect the price might be if you had a title (registration) for it. I would think anyone that was looking to build something or repair something would want to know what they were going to start with rather than how much. GPster

40 Chev Coupe

Its a Ford model A rolloing chassis. Its a Tdor sedan, Im taking the body and putting it on a new frame and making a rod, so Ill be keeping the titlle. Everything else that is attached to the frame goes.

Harry

Not a lot of value there.
Less than $200 on a good day, if you find a buyer.

enjenjo

It depends on the frame, the last nice A frame I saw went for $500 bare. A rusty but servicable one went for $100 bare
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

40 Chev Coupe

Well the frame was striped and painted about 12 years ago and hasnt seen the road yet. If its only worth 100 to200, theres no sense in tring tosell it, just haul to the scrap yard and be done. Ithought the front suspension and steering would be worth something.

enjenjo

advertise it on Craigs list for $500 OBO, you can always come down.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

I don't know that will work with the title, the VIN is on the frame.

40 Chev Coupe

After 80 plus years, nothing of the vin # is there anyway.

phat rat

I'm with Frank. It's certainly worth more than $100. I sold a rusty pitted frame with bad center X and cut on front X for $100 at Kazoo this week-end and the guy didn't quibble about the price. Rear X alone is worth $75, 2 years ago I sold rails only for $100
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

wayne petty

post some pictures...

you could also use them in your classified..

and you have held onto it for some time.. including the blasting and repainting... how much work went into that.. how nice did you finish it..

digital pictures are cheep... almost free if you have a digital camera...

include some close up images to show the work done to the surface of the frame.. to show its not all rusted thru and it does not look like 36 grit sand paper after the blasting..

even if it does have a rough sandblasted and painted surface... call it an custom non directional surface finish for laminar flow improvements ..