Followed Me Home From The Frog Follies

Started by 40, August 29, 2014, 11:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Well, I know I am probably the only guy in the whole universe that loves 67 Caddies but I just had to add this one to my 401-KAR as George puts it! I found this car in Terre Haute on the way to the Follies and just had to stop and buy it on the way home.Very nice 50K original mile car that has just had a frame off,nut/bolt,restoration.Had 21 miles on the clock after resto when I headed out on the 700 mile trip home......heck of a way to break in a fresh motor!It ran flawlessly all but a little tight the first couple hundred miles until about 15 miles from home at which time,the water pump took a crap.That was the only part not replaced......almost impossible to find.....but I made it home fine and have already sent the core in to be rebuilt.Man these cars take up a lot of room in the shop but it sure looks good sitting next to my black one!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

river1

Man that is SWEET

and you're not the only fan of 60s Caddies

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

enjenjo

A few years ago I needed a water pump for a Caddy, as you said no one had one. I found a NOS GM pump on Ebay for $25 buy it now.  It's still going strong.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

nice find. front end styling sort of  similar to a Riviera .

phat46

Nice Caddy, my Dad had a '66 and a '70 so I like 'em too. Does that have a 429 or 472 in it, not sure what was in  the '67's

Quote from: "phat46"Nice Caddy, my Dad had a '66 and a '70 so I like 'em too. Does that have a 429 or 472 in it, not sure what was in  the '67's

The 429 was in the 65/6/7's and the 472 came to be in 68's.The 70's were a pretty good looking car but I'm partial to the "stacked" headlights.I am on the look-out for a 66.....I really like the wrap-a-round dash.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

phat46

Quote from: "40"
Quote from: "phat46"Nice Caddy, my Dad had a '66 and a '70 so I like 'em too. Does that have a 429 or 472 in it, not sure what was in  the '67's

The 429 was in the 65/6/7's and the 472 came to be in 68's.The 70's were a pretty good looking car but I'm partial to the "stacked" headlights.I am on the look-out for a 66.....I really like the wrap-a-round dash.

My Dads '70 with the 472 was a great looking car, a Coupe DeVille with a paisley interior. It would smoke the right rear as long as I kept my foot in it. Somehow ended up with a broken motor mount that I knew nothing about!  :lol:

Carnut

I had a 70 Coupe DeVille. Really did like it. It was one of my first attempts at getting good gas mileage out of a car. Managed to get it from an 8mpg avg up to a 13 avg after trying several tricks from the magazines of the day.  Remember fitting a later model factory electronic large cap dist into it.

It's one of the very few cars I still wish I had kept.

Heh, heh, one fond memory was my first experience of the automatic climate control. Set and forget it in Louisiana in 80's temps and drove all the way to OK City to stop to get gas and got out in t-shirt to pump gas in below zero temps. Was a rude awakening.

57larry

looks pretty clean. I bet it rides great, like a Caddy