How to hide wires in door jamb

Started by BFS57, December 01, 2014, 06:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BFS57

Hello;
Trying to do a really nice job finishing my 57 Chevy. Want to put speakers and power windows in the doors. Anyone got a method to "kinda" hide the wires??

Bruce

UGLY OLDS

QuoteTrying to do a really nice job finishing my 57 Chevy. Want to put speakers and power windows in the doors. Anyone got a method to "kinda" hide the wires??

Maybe like GM did in 1957?????  :idea:

Just a thought ........

https://www.danchuk.com/ItemForm.aspx?Item=11355

Maybe look at this discussion also ..... :idea:

http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/569/

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

BFS57

Hello;
You know, I looked on Danchuck but only saw the hidden hinges ($300.00) but didn't find these. Thanks so much.
I looked at the post about these but none of the photos were available. I guess I will leave it up to the shop to figgure it out. They want to install new side glass, and power windows in my 4 door hardtop! I told them the front windows would be easy but the rear windows would be "not so easy"
I'll show them the parts and see if they want to use these.
This part of the build is going to be pretty expensive! First they will "leak" test and seal any water leaks then the interiour design, stereo, and any accent lighting. The shop promises (I know the owner is a perfectionists) to take my car from plane to WOW! I will see about that!!

Bruce

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

papastoyss

Speciality Power Windows has a kit that basically is a ss coil spring about the size of a screen door spring & a couple of grommets that looks ok. I'm using that on my "57 project, The wireless contact kit  Jack mentioned works good w/the door closed, not so well w/the door open during clean up time.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

BFS57

Hello;
Going to go with the pieces that Danchuck makes except I will be buying from Ecklers as they are close to me here in Florida (they stock it) and they usually give me a little discount to boot, save on the shipping but the tax kicks my butt.

Bruce