F1 door handles

Started by Inprimer, February 29, 2012, 12:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inprimer

Been working on my F1 and staring at how outside door handles are removed, the  handles sag , as most do, my question is what can I anticipate  in finding parts etc, havent been able find any info. I haven't started to tear them apart  yet looking for some input  TIA ....... :D  IP

enjenjo

I don't remember seeing this before, you have probably taken care of it by now. Any way, if it's all working like it should, but the handles still sag, you can twist the shaft on the handle so it sets level, and get a lot more use out of them.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Inprimer

Quote from: "enjenjo"I don't remember seeing this before, you have probably taken care of it by now. Any way, if it's all working like it should, but the handles still sag, you can twist the shaft on the handle so it sets level, and get a lot more use out of them.
update.. I bought 2 new door handles for my F1, there is a small coil spring on the shaft  just behind the handle, apparently the spring weakens and does not allow the handle to return to the horizontal position. I know this sounds trivial but I noticed that at east 50% of the F 1 door handles sag and hopefuuly it might help somepne

39deluxe

I have seen some pretty nice cars with sagging handles. Sticks out like a sore thumb.

Tom

phat46

I read in an old Motors Manual that my Dad had years ago when I was a kid that if your door handles sagged to switch them side to side. Never tried it and don't know why I remember that 50 years later.