adjustable thermostatic fan control wiring

Started by vso737, April 04, 2014, 11:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vso737

Hi,

I'm installing a "PARTS MASTER" or "HAYDEN 3647" control sensor for my one electric fan.

My question is:  Where do I connect the YELLOW wire.

The YELLOW wire is for the IGNITION SIGNAL..........
The unit also has a RED, 30 AMP fused battery wire.

My fuse panel has a designated 30 AMP battery wire for the fan that is HOT on ignition only.

I want the fan to operate ONLY when the ignition is on.

My hotrod has a "kill switch" and battery will be off on the car all the time except when driven.  I have NO gadgets that need to have juice.

I need to confirm that it is OK to wire the YELLOW and RED wires from the sensor box  to the BLK/RED wire coming from my FUSE PANEL.

The ONLY other option that I can see is to wire the YELLOW to the FUSE PANEL GRN/BLK wire and pickup an always hot battery wire for the RED battery wire on the sensor box.  I can see doing this if I wanted the sensor to be hot all the time.

Thank you in advance,
Mike
"you\'re killing me Larry!"

PeterR

Quote from: "vso737"Hi,

I'm installing a "PARTS MASTER" or "HAYDEN 3647" control sensor for my one electric fan.

I want the fan to operate ONLY when the ignition is on.

Mike

The fan will only operate if the yellow wire has 12V.   If you connect the yellow to an ignition switched source, the fan will stop as soon as the engine is switched off regardless of the water temp.

vso737

The fan 14ga designated wire from my FUSE PANEL is also ON only when the ignition is on.

My question is:  Is it OK to connect both the small YELLOW wire from the sensor and the RED battery 14ga wire from the sensor TO the designated 14ga wire from the FUSE PANEL.

I don't want the fan to come on after the ignition is turned off.

I just want to confirm that my method is correct.

Thank you for the quick response,

LG,
Mike

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

vso737

Quote from: "enjenjo"That will work fine.

Thanks a bunch enjenjo.....................

I'm going to put a 5AMP fuse on the YELLOW wire coming off of the 14GA power wire from the FUSE PANEL.
I rather err on the side of caution.

LG,
Mike