Question about wheel offset 46 chevy sedan,camaro front/rear

Started by 54stude, January 19, 2014, 10:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

54stude

I am trying to help out my brother in law with a well selection.

He has a 46 chevy with a camaro front and rear in it, and a 350/350 drivetrain.  He got it with Fenton 14" torque thrust style steel/aluminum wheels, and two of them are cracked and need replacing.  The fentons have about 3 1/4" of backspace.

I think he wants to go with 15x7 in front and 15x8 in the rear.  Possibly 205-75-15 tires in front, and 235-75-15 tires in the rear.

My question is about wheel offset.  He likes the way that the wheel vintiques painted smoothie wheels look, and the web site lists the wheel offset on their 15" wheels as the ones below.

The 15x6 have 3 5/8" backspace, and the 15x7 and 15x8 each have 4" backspace.

Can anyone make a recommendation on what will fit?  Anyone have a similar setup?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Brian

phat rat

What front end? Rear steer, front steer, disc or drum brakes? What width are the Fentons?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

On my 46 chevy, I had 15 by 7" wheels all the way around, with 3 1/2" back space. The front end was a Mustang II, 56" tread width, 205 60 tires cleared, but just barely. In the rear, I had 235 60 tires, on a 77 Camaro rear end. They just barely cleared on both the inside and outside, the tires would rub occasionally on the inside. the car was pretty low.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

54stude

Quote from: "phat rat"What front end? Rear steer, front steer, disc or drum brakes? What width are the Fentons?

front steer camaro suspension, disc brakes, 7" fentons.