305 Chevy

Started by enjenjo, October 22, 2013, 09:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I bought an 82 El Camino with a bad rear end. It has a 305 with a T200 trans.Is either one worth keeping? I bought the thing because it had 4 brand new tires on it that I need. It runs, and was driven daily up to about 6 weeks ago when the rear end blew.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

Call your brother and tell him you have one of those "Metric" chassis. Isn't the El Camino chassis like the station wagon chassis and supposed to be stronger? GPster

57larry

what's the body like? you could keep the tires and flip the car

enjenjo

Quote from: "57larry"what's the body like? you could keep the tires and flip the car

Total rust bucket. The hood might be savable but that is about it. The doors are rusted so bad the handles are coming off.

BFS57

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "57larry"what's the body like? you could keep the tires and flip the car

Total rust bucket. The hood might be savable but that is about it. The doors are rusted so bad the handles are coming off.

Hello;
I hear that scrap metal is bringing in good prices these days!

Bruce

enjenjo

Quote from: "BFS57"

Hello;

Bruce

I can get 250 to 300 for scrap

rooster

Hello;

Bruce

If you do that,son might be looking for interior parts. What color is it? Any pictures?

Not a t200 4r is it?

enjenjo

Quote from: "rooster"

Hello;

Bruce

If you do that,son might be looking for interior parts. What color is it? Any pictures?

Not a t200 4r is it?

The interior is gray. Three speed trans.

57larry

you could sell the stick set up to one of the guys who run a Malibu wagon

enjenjo

I pulled off all the parts that are unique to El Caminos, but not the engine. I also pulled the tires and wheels, because the tires were new with less than 1,000 miles on them. I loaded it up on the trailer, took it to the salvage yard, and got $350 for it.

kb426

That sounds like a good ending to me.
TEAM SMART