Road Tour car

Started by Digger, October 23, 2013, 12:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digger

I just received the Dec. issue of Street Rodder. Check out page 28 and the cover on their featured "Road Tour Car" Look at the fit of the hood and grill surround and side panels in the grill. The guys that built it got a lot of free advertising--Guess that's why they get the big bucks huh? :(U)
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

papastoyss

The car actually looks better up close than  in the magazine pics. If you followed the build articles a lot of slicing & dicing was done to the hood & other body panels.That said,some of the panel alignment could be better but there were time constrants involved too. We went on the first Road Tour in June,the car was not completely finished,it was trucked to St.  Paul for display & then trucked to Virginia for  ECU programming to make the trans work properly.Of course Dixey took plenty of ribbing about his 2013 Ford rentarod! I personally don't care for the grille design, it doesn't hide the intercooler at all.Last years car,the '40 coupe had a terrible fit on the passenger door, I found out later it was a hand built prototype Drake/ Dennis Carpenter body & only 2 wks were alloted for paint & body!
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!