Finally Back Home from B'ville

Started by Dusty, August 29, 2004, 03:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty

:)
Lillie and I arrived back home last night with 100 miles short of making 10,000 milesin 5 weeks, this summer.  We really enjoyed B'ville again, and this year was special as we were a small part of "Hooley's" Super Stude Event.  The whole event, from Sum's shop to the point where Hooley pulled up to our Tent on the salt after making the 200+ mph run, was a once only event.  We made alot of new friends and got reaquainted with old ones.  When we left B'ville we went to Seattle and then east stopping at the Hot Rod Cafe in Post Falls Idaho.  That is quite a place.  If you are ever close this is a must see place.  We are already looking forward to next year at B'ville, and hope to have the Roadster there next time.  I've looked at all the pics and descriptions of the  #974 event and I can truely add that it was well covered.  John, you should do well with 20 minutes of "Salt Talk" , Sum, Jim, and George, real nice coverage, for the event.  For anyone that has never made B'ville it is an event that you will never forget.....

Benny
Orange, Texas
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

sodbuster

Glad to hear that you made er' home. Nothing like the salt and the end of the summer. It is the vacation/anniversary (?) that Jen and I look forward to every year.

Chris Nelson
Kansas

WZ JUNK

Glad you made it home.  Sounds like you had a great trip.  I will email you some pictures of the S 10 frame soon.  

Do you know who the person is that was taking the pictures from the scaffolding at Bonneville?  I would sure like to have a copy of that video.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

sodbuster

[quote  

Do you know who the person is that was taking the pictures from the scaffolding at Bonneville?  I would sure like to have a copy of that video.[/quote]

If you mean the one's next to the RRT/HAMB meeting place, I have one of their cards around here. Remind me if that is they guys that you are talking about. I bought one of their tapes for 5 coin this year.

Chris

Dusty

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"Glad you made it home.  Sounds like you had a great trip.  I will email you some pictures of the S 10 frame soon.  

Do you know who the person is that was taking the pictures from the scaffolding at Bonneville?  I would sure like to have a copy of that video.

John, I have a couple of his tapes on order...I was going to send Hooly one, and you guys can make copies.  I talked to the guy today and he still has a couple of hours editing and final prep.  If you want his name and number, I can send it, or just wait on the copy to come..

Benny
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

WZ JUNK

We will wait.  I hope he got a good shot of the car on the salt.  The bad part about being at the starting line is that you do not get to see and hear the car at speed.

I will just watch the in car video some more.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

HotRodLadyCrusr

Benny, glad to hear you and the misses had another great time in B'ville and the rest of your journey sounds like a great time as well.   Welcome back.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

sirstude

Chris,

If you come across the card for the those guys that were next to the RRT/HAMB meeting grounds, please send me the address.  I would also like to order a tape.  I didn't realize that they wold be selling them, thought they were with one of the cable channels or something.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

sodbuster

Salt Flat Tapes
Ray Crowell
6295 Beechwood Dr.
Eureka, CA 95503

This is the card (3x5card) that they gave me last year, but it was the same guys. It is kinda funny watching Bonneville on TV.

Chris Nelson
Kansas