son of a DOH!

Started by river1, August 22, 2013, 06:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

WHOA! It's possible my instincts are correct to never leave a tank in an unattended vehicle and always check the valves on tanks that have been moved around without caps.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

chimp koose

I will save this to show to my welding students.

phat46

It is amazing the guy lived through that. I guess you'd call that dumb luck. We had an incident similar to that about 20 years ago. There was a cleaning company located across the street and on the corner of the next block down from me. Someone left a propane tank on a floor polisher on in the back of a Chevy van inside the building. Around midnight on Christmas Eve the tank had leaked enough that the ceiling furnace ignited the leaking propane and the building exploded. I was up with a sick daughter and the explosion shook my house and rattled the windows. A cop who lived behind me said it actually shook him out of bed. One corner of the building collapsed and a steel door about 12ft.  Wide and 12 ft tall was blown across the parking lot. The Chevy van that the tank was on looked like someone had attempted to turn inside out. All from one 20# propane tank. I have pics of the van around here someplace if I can find them I will post one on here. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw that picture of the Toyota on this post.