What would you do?

Started by 40 Chev Coupe, August 21, 2013, 07:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

40 Chev Coupe

I recently purchased a radiator from a Rochester, Mn. company after the Iola, Wi car and swap meet. They said it would be 3 to 4 weeks before they make them for a 35 Ford, so that was ok with me.
I waited and then in August 8th I recieve a radiator from them. I unpacked it and seen that it was not the right radiator. It was 3 inches shorter and 2 1/2 inches to narrow. Not to mention no mounting  brackets on the bottom sides or top.
I called and they told me that that was the right radiator for my 35. And they never had a problem before. After a heated conversation we arranged for a pick up for a return, at which time I asked for a refund to my credit card company, and told them I would purchace from another vender.
So, then this morning I get a phone call stateing that they sent me a 1935 Chev truck radiator by mistake. I told them just to credit my credit card again, and then the bomb hit.

THEY SAID THAT THEY WERE CHARGING ME 25 DOLLARS SHIPPING CHARGE AND AN $80 RESTOCKING FEE,

So, what would you do?

tomslik

dispute the C.C charges

they screwed up, not you
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

40 Chev Coupe

Did that and the radiator company dont seem to care.
From now on I'm going to order from repital catalog dealers. No more car show roadside dealers for me.

phat46

Call you credit card co. Let them know that this company screwed up and admitted it, they will likely want to have a talk with the rad company.

wayne petty

did you get a business card from the vendor you met face to face..

perhaps you can contact him...

you are working with PAPER people.. who only know whats printed in front of them..

for an incorrect product shipped.. there should as you agree be NO charges for restocking...

you just have to get high enough on the ladder to get the problem corrected.. or again..

just cancel the purchase with the CC company..  in disputes they can perform it..

40 Chev Coupe

Went to the top and they told me to return the walker radiator I purchased and they'll send me the correct one. After I told them I wont do that they told me to sell the radiator they will send me for $600 when they only charge $400.
Told them twice that I allready recieved my Walker radiator and that I dont want theres.
Minnesota BBB here I come.

enjenjo

Call the credit card company now. You will be strung along until the option of disputing the charge runs out. Dispute it, and they will be calling you to get it straightened out.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

Don't bother with the bbb, contact the attorney general instead. Better results.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

river1

Quote from: "enjenjo"Call the credit card company now. You will be strung along until the option of disputing the charge runs out. Dispute it, and they will be calling you to get it straightened out.

Yup CC companies have departments where that's all they do

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

phat rat

As others have said. Forget BBB or the law. File a dispute with the credit card people and be done with it. The cc will take care of it.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

rumrumm

Like others have said, file a dispute with your credit card company, and if that does not bring you any satisfaction (and I would be surprised if it doesn't), then contact the Office of the Attorney General. I have had to do that on one occasion (filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau at the same time). One week later, I had my part. I don't know which one worked, but I was impressed.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "rumrumm"Like others have said, file a dispute with your credit card company, and if that does not bring you any satisfaction (and I would be surprised if it doesn't), then contact the Office of the Attorney General. I have had to do that on one occasion (filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau at the same time). One week later, I had my part. I don't know which one worked, but I was impressed.

Ten years or so ago, I filed a complaint with the AG and the bbb at the same time.  Problem solved shortly.  BBB contacted me about 3 years later saying that they couldn't help me.  You tell me which one got the job done?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil