30 hiboy

Started by bucketmouth, March 12, 2006, 01:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

There is no question on quality, it is the best. The hot rod steering at 16 to 1 is the one to use for the street.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Pete

Quote from: "bucketmouth"Crikey where has that time gone to I asked about this seven years ago and I still haven't started it yet. I've collected a lot of parts for it and enough for a rolling chassis and body.
I've always liked the 50 s style of car but getting the 34 coupe sort of headed me into another direction.when I get it finished it will be into the roadster.
I've been looking at those shroeder steering boxes for cowl steering and they look good but rather pricey. I'm willing to buy one but before I do does anyone have an opinion on these boxes. I'll be over there in another week so I intend to pay them a visit.
Any thoughts?

I have a Schroeder in the car I am building right now. When I was circle racing this car I had an NBC (Nichols Bros.) power steering  (sprint car type) in it. For Bonneville you don't need power steering so I traded.
If I was going to use the car for street, I would always use a power steering because I like quick steering and for that you need assist. They are not much bulkier than the non power ones and all the mechanism is in the steering. No cylinders or hoses showing on the outside of the car.
I have had many Schroeder's in various race cars over the years and they are one of the best non power types.
I would sell you mine but you would have to buy the whole car along with it.....lol

UGLY OLDS

Seems kinda neat to see a past post from Carnine ... Very  friendly &  super nice guy .. Very knowledgable & always willing to help...  I kinda miss him ....

Bob..... :(
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****