Electrical Question

Started by RAJ484, July 05, 2013, 06:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAJ484

I just got my A/C charged. It works good. I also have two electric fans on my car. One fan comes on when I start the car. The other fan is supposed to come on when I turn on the A/C. The system also has a trinary switch. One wire on the trinary switch goes to the compressor. (Vintage Air System) Another wire on the switch goes to power (I believe) I also have a relay..(see picture) with 4 wires, red, green, blue, and blue/white. My thinking is that 2 wires on the relay got to the two remaining wires on the trinary switch and 2 wires go to the fan. Based on the fact that the fan plug has 2 wires, and one side of the fan plug has a + sign on it, I'm thinking the red and green wires go to the fan plug and the other two wires on the relay go to the trinary switch. Does this sound correct as far as how the fan, trinary switch, and the relay might be wired in so the second fan comes on when I turn the A/C on? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
It drove into my garage...it DID drive back out!!!

wayne petty

instead of looking at wiring colors...

look at relay PIN numbers..

85 and 86 are the relay coils..

30 is common of the switched...

87 is NOmally open

87A is normally closed..

next.. exactly which system did you purchase or install so we can look up the wiring diagrams..

and what did you put it in..

some of use are really GOOD with wiring..

this is how 85 thru 87/8 corvettes control their cooling fans..

this is how 84 corvettes handle the radiator fan

RAJ484

GREAT!!! Thanks for the help. The A/C system is a Vintage Air Super Gen 2 with Defroster. It's in a 1938 Chevrolet Master Deluxe. I'm using the Billet Specialties A/C control. Picture of the car below

RAJ484

AN OPTIONAL TRINARY SWITCH (V.A. PART# 11076-VUS) COMBINES HI/LO PRESSURE PROTECTION WITH AN ELECTRIC FAN OPERATION SIGNAL AT (254 lbs.) COMPRESSOR SAFETY SWITCHES ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT SINCE AN A/C SYSTEM RELIES ON REFRIGERANT TO CARRY LUBRICATION THROUGH THE SYSTEM.

from vintage air website

RAJ484

It's a Dakota digital heater/A/C control...not billet specialties

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.